See, that's more like it

I complained about a month and a half ago about giving $20.00 bills to some of the homeless around here.
And it didn’t give me the usual good feeling. I don’t need profuse thank you’s when I give money but I feel at the minimum they should be polite. And being a little grateful wouldn’t hurt either
So just about half an hour ago I pulled up to a stoplight and this ragged young guy was standing on the median asking for money. I keep about $150 cash in my console for emergency’s and occasionally giving someone a little bit. I peeled off a ten dollar bill and gave it to the guy and he smiled and thanked me. That’s all I ask, I don’t think that’s a lot to expect.

Lol, and them the light turned red and I was stuck being like two feet away from him and we talked awkwardly a little and then I left.

8 Likes

Usually it’s nice to give to the poor.

One time I gave a poor guy $5 or $10 and said, “Have a good day.” Then he got angry and said “There are no good days when you’re homeless.”

So I felt kind of bad about giving it to him because he got angry when I said “Have a good day.” I was just trying to be nice and he got pissed off at me.

There is a guy in my town that often asks for money and I see him around after and he’s drunk so he came up to me saying he was hungry so I said well let’s just step in here at KFC. He said no so I just gave him a dollar.

I have never given to a homeless person in person that I can remember but I recently gave $35 to a organisation that takes care of the homeless and that money is said to help one homeless person a lot.

I used to volunteer for a organisation that helps homeless.
I took a break though as they have so many volunteers and some are real bossy boots that talk down at you n I’m not ok with that.
I can’t function when people treat me like that but I worked with a guy called Matt and could then do more than I thought I could as he drew out best in me perhaps.
I didn’t think I was capable and wasn’t capable with other chic but depends who you work with.

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.