Sci-fi addicts, represent!

I live the X-Files too it’s called schizoaffective disorder. The butterfly Effects is just Chaos theory isn’t it? But we are getting off topic, sorry.

Loved Farscape one of the best Aussie Sci-fis and they where decent enough when the show was cancelled to create one or two movies (I think two) to tie up the loss ends.

So many I’ve watched, Star Wars fan, treker, Star Gate fan, Farscape, Loved Space Above and Beyond was upset that finished after one season. Same goes for Firefly after two. Didn’t like the new Battlestar Galactica but loved the old one same goes for the new “V” Wish they finished off V the series in the 80’s.
I couldn’t get into Babylon 5 till the last two series… I couldn’t get into the movies either. I use to watch the old Lost in space, Space 1999 from a young age. I’m sure there is a lot more too.

Big Big Big Doctor Who fan. Tom Baker is still the best although David Tennant is a close call.

I’m a doctor who geek!

I don’t watch much sci-fi, but I read it; all sorts but my favourite is the Ender’s game series despite the fact that the author (Orson Scott Card) is a quite a bit of a douche, but his books are good (the film however, doesn’t live up to the book standards)! H.G. Wells is a fav too! I also have a time travellers almanac filled with stories by all the sci-fi greats, I dip into it between reads. I’ve read many sci-fi books that are on kindle and enjoyable but not by authors names I can remember!

But yes, I love sci-fi!

Take care,
Meg.

I like Doctor Who as well. Tennant is my favorite but I was really hoping they’d have another older Doctor and was very pleased to hear they will. I eagerly await the new season. It’s this week?

I watched a lot of Dr. Who, but I don’t know which one he is…it was from about 1979 to 1980. which Dr. Who was that?

It isn’t sci-fi but anyone ever watched the show The Prisoner? It’s a real head trip.

Tom Baker played The Doctor from 8 June 1974 to 21 March 1981

1 Like

Me…

Authors:

• L.E. Modesitt Jr.
  • Greg Bear
  • Heinlein
  • Bradbury
  • H.G. Wells
  • Jules Verne

TV shows:

• Star Trek ToS
  • Dr. Who (all vintages)
  • Torchwood
  • Fringe (except for season five - blech)
  • Supernatural
  • X-Files (made me symptomatic years back)
  • Space 1999 (as a kid)
  • BSG (rebooted version)

Movies:

• Inception
  • Battleship (was better than given credit for)
  • Ultraviolet
  • Equilibrium (gun kata!)
  • Matrix

Too much more to type, but these have been recent revisits.

10-96

Was never an avid sci fi person but enjoyed Asimov’s books as as a teenager. I guess the last sci fi book I read was Dune.
When it comes to tv I only ever watched the original Star trek regularly and occasional episodes from follow on series. Nowadays I try and watch Dr Who.

BSG ! I forgot one…i watched the old Battlestar Galactica… I watched a few of the new ones but just wasn’t the same… I should have remembered that one…I still call dogs “daggits” a lot and occasionally say ‘frak’…

Another one I forgot that I watched as a kid was UFO, around 1969 - 70

I started reading SF in the days of the pulps and The Twilight Zone. Read Ray Bradbury. Richard Matheson, Jerry Sohl, Damon Knight, Lewis Padgett, Isaac Asimov, John W. Campbell, Robert Heinlein, Arthur C. Clark, Alfred Bester, Fritz Leiber, Theodore Sturgeon, A. E. Van Vogt, Algis Budrys, Roger Zelazney, and the list goes on and on. The last SF book I read, recently, was “The Ware Tetralogy,” by Rudy Rucker (available free online – what a blast!)

1 Like

Oh wow, more old stuff i keep forgetting. I would watch the old twilight Zone and dark shadows after school when I was in 1st to 4th grade…but one day on Dark Shadows there were human skulls in a cave and I freaked out. Something about those skulls, idk - it scared me… so i stopped watching after school

Tennant is my favourite too, but, like you I’m looking forward to Capaldi! It’s supposed to be a lot more serious; less ‘kiddy’ as you will! I’m interested to see what angle he takes :blush:!

Take care,
Meg.

I also read that Capaldi told the creators that he didn’t want his version of the Doctor to be flirty with his companions. I like that. I’m liking a lot about the new Doctor.

Yeah; I’d be so relieved to see that happen; was getting a but fed up with it all!

Here are some of my favorites in no particular order.

Books

• Armor by John Steakley
  • The Stainless Steel Rat Series by Harry Harrison
  • The Ringworld Series by Larry Niven
  • Neuromancer Series by William Gibson
  • Voice of the Whirlwind and Hardwired by Walter Jon Williams
  • The Dune Series by Frank Herbert
  • Snow Crash by Neal Stephenson
  • The Dragonriders of Pern Series by Anne McCaffrey
  • The Xanth Series by Piers Anthony
  • The Horseclans Series by Robert Adams
  • Pip and Flinx Series by Alan Dean Foster

Movies

• Alien Series
  • Blade Runner
  • Outland
  • The Adventures of Buckaroo Banzai
  • Predator Series
  • Original Planet of the Apes Series
  • Dune
  • Escape From New York
  • Event Horizon
  • The Fifth Element
  • Galaxy Quest
  • Star Trek: The Wrath of Khan
  • Star Wars and The Empire Strikes Back
  • Robocop
  • Terminator Series
  • Scanners
  • Starship Troopers
  • The Thing (Both)
  • They Live
  • Flash Gordon

TV

• War of the Worlds
  • V
  • Farscape
  • Star Trek TOS
  • Dune and Children of Dune Mini-series
  • Lexx
  • Doctor Who
  • Futurama
  • Twilight Zone
  • Outer Limits
  • Highlander
  • Buck Rogers
  • The Six Million Dollar Man

Long list, I know.

Hey @Malvok, not sci-fi, but do you like The Big Bang Theory? My wife and I love it.

I really liked the first couple of seasons but lost interest after that.

Spoiler: Here is a secret about Darth Vader. (*And a test of a forum trick.*) He's Luke's father!

Riddle figured, LOL… (but the rest still need to figure it out haha)

I liked it when i had TV…one of the very few comedies i actually enjoyed…

Read that in the 80s… it was a huge hardcover book, like over 1000 pages…