I personally don’t buy into this

2 Likes

Me on my way to the looney bin

14 Likes

Milk is evil don’t drink it

1 Like

Spooky!

2 Likes

If you don’t have appropriate permissions to post links yet, please don’t try to post them anyhow. I have removed it. You may post links when you achieve a normal trust level through forum participation.

v.

1 Like

What kinda milk though? Are all kinds evil? I heard donkeys milk is really good. If you combined milk from different animals you could sell them as petting zoo milkshakes. This will get schizophrenics to become well again.

2 Likes

Got milk?

1 Like

Okay well. I’m against milk anyway so I guess I will recover lol.

2 Likes

Hey @bonk,

I asked Bing’s AI thing about this and surprisingly this is what it said

Research suggests that there may be a connection between diet and schizophrenia, although it’s essential to approach this topic with caution. Let me share some relevant findings:

1. Milk and Cereal-Free Diet:

• A study published in the British Journal of Psychiatry explored the impact of a milk- and cereal-free diet on relapsed schizophrenic patients. The researchers observed that patients on this diet experienced more rapid improvement compared to those on a regular hospital diet that included milk. The diet modification involved substituting wheat products (such as spaghetti) for potatoes¹1.
    • It’s important to note that this study focused on relapsed patients, and individual responses may vary.
  2. General Diet Considerations:

• While specific diets (such as gluten-free or dairy-free) have been explored, there is no definitive consensus on their efficacy for schizophrenia.
    • Some people believe that modifying diet could potentially alleviate symptoms, but more research is needed to establish clear guidelines.
    • Overall, individuals with schizophrenia should aim for a balanced diet, rich in nutrients, to support overall health and well-being.
  3. Extrapyramidal Side Effects:

• Another study found that participants with schizophrenia experienced improvement in symptomology, as measured by the Brief Psychiatric Rating Scale (BPRS) and Scale for the Assessment of Negative Symptoms (SANS), along with a reduction in extrapyramidal side effects²2.
  4. Caution and Individual Variation:

• Individual responses to dietary changes can vary significantly. What works for one person may not work for another.
    • If you or someone you know is living with schizophrenia, it’s essential to consult with a healthcare professional before making any significant dietary modifications.

In summary, while there is ongoing research into the relationship between diet and schizophrenia, there is no definitive answer. Always seek professional guidance when considering dietary changes for any health condition³34. :star2:

Source: Conversation with Bing, 28/04/2024
(1) Relapsed Schizophrenics: More Rapid Improvement on a Milk- and Cereal … Relapsed Schizophrenics: More Rapid Improvement on a Milk- and Cereal-free Diet | The British Journal of Psychiatry | Cambridge Core.
(2) Nutrition in the Treatment of Schizophrenia: Rationale and Review of … Nutrition in the Treatment of Schizophrenia: Rationale and Review of Recent Evidence | Current Behavioral Neuroscience Reports.
(3) Healthy Living: Schizophrenia and Diet. https://livingwithschizophreniauk.org/information-sheets/healthy-living-schizophrenia-and-diet/.
(4) Healthy Living: Schizophrenia and Diet. https://www.livingwithschizophreniauk.org/wp-content/uploads/2013/09/Healthy-Living-Schizophrenia-and-Diet1.pdf.
(5) Relapsed Schizophrenics: More Rapid Improvement on a Milk- and Cereal … Relapsed Schizophrenics: More Rapid Improvement on a Milk- and Cereal-free Diet | The British Journal of Psychiatry | Cambridge Core.
(6) undefined. Relapsed Schizophrenics: More Rapid Improvement on a Milk- and Cereal-free Diet | The British Journal of Psychiatry | Cambridge Core.

3 Likes

Bad news for cows.

1 Like

You mean for farmers. Lol

1 Like

ass milk lol i never knew it existed

1 Like

I drink a ton of milk and I’m doing just fine. Has a lot of nutrients that are good for you in it.

I’ve moved to almond milk with the whole keto thing these days. Unsweetened so I can indulge in coffee. still.

Honestly the whole diet and mental health thing is pretty promising from some research but it’s early days. It really can make a difference for mental health I can attest to personally. But…I don’t drink milk but eat a lot of cheese. I find myself snacking on full fat cheese a lot on the keto. …

So on keto/lo carb. Lowest doses of my psych meds but dairy free isn’t the cure for me just yet.

Breast milk is good for baby

Docosahexaenoic acid (DHA) is a long-chain polyunsaturated fatty acid found in breast milk that plays a role in neurodevelopment.

So do I. I drink 1% fat milk. It tastes just as good to me as whole milk. I hope I’m not getting too much calcium and giving myself kidney stones.

1 Like

I’ve heard from several sources that a milk, gluten and sugar diet free can help in autism. For many patients with schizophrenia autism is part of their life, I wonder how many of you here have autism or bad social functioning.
Putting “autism milk” into google gives more results than “schizophrenia milk”

1 Like