Schizophrenia has ruined my life

I see, sorry to hear that. I get a similar feeling occasionally, I begin to feel like I can’t focus my eyes. However it’s not that bad as before since I am on a lower invega dose.

1 Like

I get derealization when I eat high fat foods (ones high in omega-6). They give me brain swelling and the next few hours turn into unproductive nothing as I rest and digest the food giving me that issue.

Dude…that’s pseudoscience xD

High fat foods don’t cause brain swelling

And I’m pretty sure foods can’t cause derealization

xD

But they do, particularly the omega-6s. Here’s an article about it.

Also a study on how a few weeks of Omega 3 can prevent psychosis for even 80 months later: https://www.researchgate.net/publication/281814763_Longer-term_outcome_in_the_prevention_of_psychotic_disorders_by_the_Vienna_omega-3_study

So basically a majority (supposedly 80%) of sub-threshold psychotics in the study who took 700 mg EPA and 480 mg DHA (Omega 3 components) for 12 weeks had no psychosis up to 80 months later.

How did you turn your writing into a link to a website?

When you’re making a post, there’s a 2 link chain on the tool bar, that’s how you make links.

2 Likes

You seem to be right about omega 6 and micro inflammation. But I’m still skeptical.

Try some Omega 3 supplementation, see if it reduces your derealization. If it does, your Omega 3 / 6 ratio might be too heavily biased towards Omega-6.

Pretty much 2 grams of Fish oil a day for 12 weeks might make a world of difference for a good long time, according to the study I linked.

1 Like

I can’t imagine food or dietary supplements affecting my mental health in any way.

1 Like

It’s a studied fact that Omega 3 can reduce the instance of psychosis. Plain old science.

This is the study in a more graphical form (if you can forgive the source.)

This study showed that omega 3 made no difference. Again, I highly doubt a food supplement could ever affect mental health.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.