Schizobsessive Disorder

Has anyone heard of this? My old pdoc said this is what I have. It’s schizophrenia and OCD. The DSM doesn’t have it listed but probably will in the future.

OCD is torture. I’m scared I’m going to snap and become a serial killer. I also get thoughts to do bad things. Can anyone relate?:sunny:

I think your dr may have said schizoaffective disorder.

Yeah I have OCD
My primary diagnosis is bipolar but I may have schizoaffective.

I understand you @SunGirl

1 Like

No it’s Schizobsessive Disorder. It’s something new. :sunny:

1 Like
2 Likes

Thanks Wave! Yeah I’m Schizoaffective too. I’m pretty stable with the Schizo right now. It’s the OCD that is making things hard. Apparently avoidance is a compulsion. For me doing anything outside of looking at Facebook and watching tv is hard. It’s more than just procrastination it’s an avoidance. :sunny:

1 Like

Wow @SunGirl . That’s interesting

2 Likes

Wouldn’t be surprised if I have some overlap.

Old prescriber said I had OCD (this was about 3ish years before psychosis).

They have what is called “Pure OCD”-- which is thought-based, and includes minimal to no compulsions. Probs what I have/had.

OCD is hell, for sure. Hopefully your pdoc has you on a solid medication plan and you’re getting good help for it :dizzy:.

I have paranoid schizophrenia diagnosis, but I also suffer from major depression and OCD since my teenage years. I take Invega for schizophrenia and lexapro for thr ocd. Sadly antidepressants can only do so much for the OCD

Looks legit

1 Like

I wàs originally diagnosed as SzA too. I seems to me it’s possible to be schizophrenic and also have Obsessive Compulsive Disorder.

This topic was automatically closed 95 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.