Scared about the future

I’m graduating in a few weeks but I’m taking a leave until next year to make sure that I get some certificates that prove my worthiness as a good candidate in the job field.

I’m scared though because I know I have psychotic depression and possibly avoidant personality which makes me fearful of others or depend on others too much for support. I’m worried I’ll never meet the societal standards out there for a job, and since I don’t qualify for disability, I’m worried that I’ll end up in poverty after my parents pass away. My parents have been talking about my graduation and getting a job, but I feel incredibly lost and I’m exhausted and worn out. I wish I could make my parents happy, I really do. But I feel like I’ll just fail as a human being. I really don’t know what I will do in the future but I hope everything works out and I can freelance again in the job field.

7 Likes

I’m sorry. It’s tough when you’re not ready to work and it’s expected of you. Can you sit your parents down and have a heart to heart?

2 Likes

Can’t you work as a freelance self-employed translator? Here there is plenty of work for that.

2 Likes

That’s what I did years ago. I’m trying to do it again but not sure what to do next.

2 Likes

I know a translator here who did nothing but freelance work and has a nice house.

I hope you know it’s possible to have a good career being self-employed,

1 Like

Are you male? Do you need to do military service in that case?

1 Like

Nope. 1515151515

Yeah there’s work in translating for students especially in your country. I’ve a mate who was doing it whilst on holiday in Malaysia. Was getting paid pretty well just to proof read for South Korean students. There certainly is a market so keep your mind open and see where’s there’s a demand.

2 Likes

I hope you’re able to find work. I myself have the same doubts, but thankfully there are opportunities for me to become qualified part time and then apply for part time positions in the field im looking to land in. I still get the anxieties though, so i can relate. Its a horrible feeling and really suffocating

2 Likes

I have this. I wanted therapy for it but the therapist didn’t give a sh-it.

1 Like

I’m working on it right now. Never been diagnosed with a personality disorder though, but I have cptsd which is similar to borderline.

1 Like

I didn’t realize they were similar until you said that so I looked it up. Very interesting. I have cptsd too.

1 Like

Yeah I didn’t know at first either until my doctor brought it up! Doctor says borderline diagnosis may not fit me well but rather my feelings are like that due to prolonged trauma.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.