Say Anytiing - LXXI šŸ„³

Donā€™t worry Monte. I donā€™t find it annoying. Matter of fact, someone I know graduated from a state university in his mid thirties, years after switching his major several times. My point is, if you continue to aspire to set a goal and diligently work at it, then achieving your goal is not impossible. Heck at least you try! Even if you just go to learn something new, you are improving yourself. I think it is a good idea to study something you are passionate about.

4 Likes

Thanks my dude!

Yeah, a pilot I knew in the AF once told me: ā€œDo what you love; And the money will follow.ā€

:slight_smile:

2 Likes

US Ship: Please divert your course 0.5 degrees to the south to avoid a collision.

Canadian Newfoundland (CND) reply: Recommend you divert your course 15 degrees to the South to avoid a collision.

US Ship: This is the Captain of a US Navy Ship. I say again, divert your course.

CND reply: No. I say again, you divert YOUR course!

US Ship: THIS IS THE AIRCRAFT CARRIER USS CORAL SEA. WE ARE A LARGE WARSHIP OF THE US NAVY. DIVERT YOUR COURSE NOW!!

CND reply: This is a lighthouse. Your call.

8 Likes

Pdoc appointment went really well. Kind of glad I had the last appointment of the day because we talked for like 45 minutes instead of just 10-15 that I was scheduled for. He wants me to see the therapist more often to hopefully figure out some of the issues that are behind the eating disorder. He also wants to do some more digging with my symptoms because heā€™s not sure if my symptoms are from severe PTSD or a combination of PTSD and schizophrenia. Heā€™s never been confident in my sz diagnosis because I present so well. And I guess I donā€™t really know either. So Iā€™ll be curious what he ultimately decides. Also kind of terrified because what if itā€™s just PTSD and I lose my SSDI because I do present so well and my new doctor when we move thinks Iā€™m fine and takes me off my meds or something. Whatever, not thinking about that.

5 Likes

Thank you @anon17132524, I was in desperate need of a good laugh.

2 Likes

@Montezuma for a graphic novel, I highly recommend Wolverine WeaponX. Itā€™s sometimes termed in horror because it sort of is.

Example: Wolverine went through the excruciating pain of having metal implanted in his skeleton. ā€œThe Professorā€ has a telepathic headgear attached to him with microphone and speakers to degrade his mind. ā€œYou are an animal!ā€ he says.

Suddenly a skeleton with protruding spikes appears on the screen, pointing a bony finger. Loganā€™s inner voice is to loud and angry for them to stand. You! Pain To Me!" They cover their ears.

So yeah less superhero more horror.

Hope I didnā€™t flip anyone out.

2 Likes

Having a lot of feels tonight. Getting pretty down. Trying to have a conversation with my partner and realizing how ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā–  up I am and how much trouble Iā€™ve been.

2 Likes

Iā€™m sorry youā€™re feeling down.

Iā€™m sure your partner doesnā€™t think youā€™re ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā–  up or trouble.

You take care of Little LED all day, cook and clean.

You need to focus on the good things you are doing instead of things you cannot control.

3 Likes

Yeah. I donā€™t know. The more I think about my pdoc appointment the more it bothers me. I just donā€™t know. And I was talking to my partner about it, if itā€™s sz or just ptsd, and they started listing off all these things that I donā€™t really even remember. All these times I was completely psychotic and had no idea what was real or not and how scared they were for me when I would disappear and they wouldnā€™t know if I was even alive or not. I donā€™t know.

2 Likes

Itā€™s starting to get late in our time zone.

Maybe you can take a relaxing bath and try to get some sleep.

Just turn these thoughts off for today and allow yourself some rest.

2 Likes

I wish. I have to go pick my sister up from the airport at 11.

2 Likes

Geez,

That sucks.

Iā€™m sorry.

Maybe try to keep distracted until then,

You need to give your brain a rest from these thoughts.

2 Likes

Yeah. I probably should. But Iā€™m already in so deep that I donā€™t know if I can get out. Like, what if my pdoc puts in my notes that I probably donā€™t have sz. Then when I move next year and those notes are sent to the next doctor and they read them and meet me while Iā€™m doing well on these meds and they decided that my doctor was probably right, that I donā€™t have sz, and then they take me off my meds or think thereā€™s no reason for me to be on disability still or whatever. It could completely change my life. And not in a good way.

2 Likes

I think youā€™re getting way ahead of yourself.

Even if your diagnosis changes, youā€™re still disabled.

And I donā€™t think any doctor would take you off meds if youā€™re not stable without them.

Maybe you should journal these thoughts on paper, put the paper away and try to leave your thoughts with it.

I used to do that all the time and it helps.

Well, I burned the paper, but I donā€™t recommend that.

2 Likes

I mean, I was diagnosed with psychotic depression in 04, by 09 I was finally mostly stable on the meds, and in 12 my doctor decided that I was fine and didnā€™t need the meds anymore and took me off of them. Then I promptly lost my ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā–  mind and never found it. So, it definitely feels like a real possibility.

2 Likes

All you have to do is tell them youā€™ve tried going off medication and it didnā€™t work out.

If they see your records,

Theyā€™ll know you need to be on meds.

I donā€™t think youā€™re at risk of getting put off medication.

2 Likes

I donā€™t know. I hope youā€™re right. Itā€™s a truly scary thought. I think Iā€™m going to have my partner come with me to my next appointment to give another view of my symptoms so maybe the pdoc can get a better picture than Iā€™m able to give. Iā€™m just really confused by all this and itā€™s scaring me not knowing whatā€™s going to happen.

2 Likes

It is really scary,

But that doesnā€™t mean the worst is going to happen.

I think taking your partner in to see the doctor with you is a great idea,

Gives a lot more prospective.

4 Likes

Just finished Joker with Kiefer. Hubby wasnā€™t into it so he played on the Switch, but I cried for Joker. Iā€™m gonna buy it when Redbox sells it for 9.99 really hit home, and Kiefer liked it too.

3 Likes

Iā€™m happy you liked it!

I thought it was a great film.

:slight_smile:

2 Likes