ヾ(・Θ・)ノ〃 Say anything! xxxv 🐦

I was trying to stay up later hoping it would help me sleep better. But I stayed up until 10:30 and still sleepy like ■■■■, so that theory is out.

2 Likes

I think I did well with the interview. Will see if I get an offer.

4 Likes

The McDougall diet works for rheumatoid arthritis like a charm. Basically you have to eat a high-starch, plant-only, animal and oil free diet that avoids wheat and soy, and your intestines have a much easier time with that kind of high fibre diet, and your inflammation levels go way down. Leaky gut seems like the main culprit for autoimmune disorders, and diet is the main method of controlling it.

I’ve had some joint pain free days on that diet and was able to move around and go out to the store, so I have some proof it works. As soon as I break the dietary protocol I start to hurt.

I did something borderline stupid though, knowing all that. I decided to eat a grilled cheese sandwich with fried cheese chunks to see if I’d wake up in debilitating joint pain, and I did, like clockwork. So, diet is the answer to rheumatoid arthritis.

Don’t blame the weather on joint pain, that is just superstition. I had pain-free days while it was raining and cold on that diet, and also it doesn’t make sense that I should hurt based on some mystical connection with the outdoors weather when I’m snug and warm indoors.

Going to play WoW until February or something. Then I will get back to programming. I need to do something fun and WoW is fun but it isn’t productive. I do enjoy it though. I just need to go back to that cs50 class and finish the remaining 2/3rds of the class. And then I need to finish my Udemy classes I bought. Then I will just continue on programming and maybe get more confidence. I don’t think I will do it as a living. I’m just not that good at it. It can be stressful working for someone as a programmer. I just like it.

WoW does stimulate my mind though and I feel the increase in dopamine! I’m actually quite happy playing it.

I need to learn how to drive and get a job through DoR and keep my benefits. I think I can do that. I just want to make some money. My mom says it would be good for my mental health keeping busy.

Maybe someday finish my math degree but I put that on the back burner. I just don’t see myself being able to do it. I probably would go somewhere local and cheap. Hopefully somewhere easier too. It’s not fun when the classes are curved and the average test grade is 50%. It just stresses me out and I feel like I didn’t learnl. I rather go to a school focused on teaching than research since I’m not going to be a researcher. I don’t fancy math that much.

There are schools here that have majors in computer engineering and computer science. Jobs that pay well. It’s all a fantasy I guess.

3 Likes

My dad was talking on the phone. I think he said something and it sounded like it.

1 Like

enjoying the last day of sunshine on the forecast for the next 10 days. beautiful day, 50 degrees and sunny. temps are good for winter, 40’s through Christmas with a couple of 50 degree days. can’t complain. so far the farmer’s almanac is wrong about the harsh winter.

dad says we got 20 inches more rain than average this year. the river is up a little at the moment.

anyways I can live with this kind of winter weather.

1 Like

I got nothing to do until Christmas. if only I didn’t burn out on video games. I bought a ps4 last winter but didn’t enjoy it. most of the ps4 games are shooters and I don’t play shooters, I ended up giving it to my nephews. i’ll probably buy the next Nintendo model that comes out so I can play Zelda and Mario all the time, Nintendo games are my favorite.

going to be a long boring winter this year though. my inactivity is causing a bit of depression when the weather isn’t nice.

2 Likes

Hello! How is everyone doing? I am having a decent day. I’m waiting until 3 PM to possibly meet up with friends online. Sometimes they say 3 PM and it ends up being around 7 PM. I’m hoping that won’t be the case this time.

6 Likes

I have a basket full of dirty clothes that need to be washed but i think that will be for another day. I already cut my hair and took a shower today. That’s enough excitement for one day.

@anon40653964 Hey man, glad you’re having a decent day. If i remember correctly, you’ve been having some down days lately.

5 Likes

I was having some rough days. I’m feeling more relaxed today. I haven’t gotten a hair cut in about 6 months now. I need a haircut. I think I’ll take a shower tomorrow. I don’t feel like showering today. I don’t have any plans to go out so I should be fine. I have a good feeling about today.

1 Like

Well, hopefully today will be the best day you’ve had in a while!

1 Like

I hope so too. I’ve been playing video games with my friends online for a couple of days now. It seems to have helped being able to catch up with them. I don’t really talk about my illness to them. They know and are supportive but it isn’t a topic that gets brought up often. I miss hanging out with them in person. I guess this is the next best thing.

1 Like

That’s how it is with me, too. My family knows and my couple of friends know what’s up with me but we really don’t talk about it. It’s hard for me to talk about the things i experience with people who can’t relate. I mainly depend on this site and the monthly visits to the therapist for that.

Glad you at least get to hang out with them online. Every now and then i go have coffee with a friend of mine i’ve known for many years. Not all that often, but enough for me. I really don’t like going out too much.

2 Likes

Yeah this site is a boon. I can definitely relate to that. It is nice to have people to relate to about the suffering that comes with the illness.

I think it’s great that you have coffee with a friend from time to time. My friends all live about 7 hours away. I have not seen them in person for years now. I had friends in San Diego before too, we just lost contact. My friends from up north I’ve known for several years. More than half my life. One of them since kindergarten. I’m lucky in that regard I suppose.

2 Likes

It sucks that your friends are so far away. But at least you’re able to keep in touch. The friend i have coffee with i have known for like twenty years. He even visited me in the psych hospital when we were younger. I mainly just interact with my parents, though. They’re the only people i see on a regular basis. And even here i tend to keep to myself most of the day.

1 Like

Sounds like a good friend! I too keep to myself most of the time. I do have one cousin who comes to visit me regularly. We get along pretty well. Usually we don’t do much other than smoke cigarettes and watch Game of Thrones. He does encourage me to go out more. Nothing big but we go to the local deli or to get a pizza sometimes. That sort of thing. He has a lot of faith in me getting better. He tells me I’m capable of going to school and such. I think so too somewhere down the road.

1 Like

That’s really good. It’s good that you have that hope and also that you have some positive encouragement coming your way. I think that’s something we all need, especially dealing with the things we deal with.

Agreed. I just got a surprise visit from my mom. She brought some left over menudo. Yum. It is one of those foods that grows on you. When I first tasted it, I did not like it. Now I really enjoy it.

2 Likes

Cool! Surprise menudo! Is it like a comfort food? I have eaten ramen soup several times lately. It’s good soup weather here…cold and cloudy.

2 Likes

Hi everyone. Been another rough couple of days. Some passing suicidal thoughts. But okay now. Had my support worker today then have therapy in two hours so I’ll hash it out there. Pdoc on January 10th.

Otherwise just messing around. Sleeping and eating.

I’m returning my accordion as I can’t get the bass buttons unstuck. The seller has been super nice and helpful though.

3 Likes