🐳 say anything XXVII

Hi! I saw the flags, and then this post, and realized I had forgot to update the guidelines with the staff’s new (actually, not that new :sweat_smile:) position on religious discussions. This was an oversight on my part, as I was supposed to have done it about a week ago. Sorry.

The guidelines have now been updated. This is the rule against religious discussions:

• Religious Discussions

We know that many people who have experienced mental illness find comfort and healing in belonging to a religion. Unfortunately, many people with psychotic disorders experience delusions of a religious character, and some have had traumatic experiences with religion or with attempts to heal their illness through religious activities such as exorcism. To facilitate recovery, and to make this a safe place for everyone, we ask that users avoid mentioning their beliefs. We also ask that users not get into discussions about their own or others’ beliefs, or lack of belief, as many would find this hurtful or offensive.

I hope you understand our position and that the rules are now easier to understand. Have a nice day! :slight_smile:

Volunteer moderator Treebeard

1 Like