🐳 ( ͠° ͟ʖ ͠°) say anything xxii (❀◦‿◦)

Hope you feel better @Led you’ve been really ill for a while.

1 Like

It couldn’t hurt to have a copy of your CV with you.

I would just dress in business attire. If you were a guy I’d say khakis, dress shirt and tie. I’m sure you could come up with a female equivalent.

1 Like

Tomorrow my full HD TV arrives and I can play on xbox… Can’t wait

5 Likes

Is it a smart TV? 151515

Its one with LED technology. Simple not smart

1 Like

@mermaid1, I was just looking at the FAQ page on my state’s unemployment web site, and it says claims typically take 3-4 weeks to be approved or denied.

It’s been 18 days since I filed, so hopefully I’ll know soon.

This is such a helpless feeling; all I can do is keep submitting job applications, can’t make them interview or hire me. I applied to three jobs yesterday, and I’ll apply to more today.

2 Likes

I wish I can help you out. Is your CV well written? with a clear objective?
I’m not familiar with your industry though

I wore black jeans with a simple nice shirt and sneakers. I’m printing out my CV and will fix my hair.

2 Likes

Yeah, it’s good, though most of the employers I’ve applied to have their own online application they want me to do, in lieu of submitting my actual resume/CV.

I write decent cover letters as well, for those applications that allow for a cover letter. I applied to three lab technician jobs yesterday, maybe I’ll hear something. I know I have to be patient, but it’s hard.

2 Likes

Good luck. Things always work out so don’t worry much. Soon everything will be back to normal.

1 Like

Yeah, I sure hope so. I have to remind myself that I normally land on my feet, in one way or another.

2 Likes

I really hope you get the disability though. At least you can have that and an easier part-time job.

Oh it’s not disability; it’s just regular unemployment compensation.

1 Like

oh! Okay. Yeah. Isn’t disability better?

Idk, my SSDI/disability payment would be only around $1000/month. I imagine unemployment would pay a little more than that.

1 Like

disability paid me around 550 CAD$ a month for about a year. In the end, when I did my tax return, I had to pay more than 5K in return for the money I made as I don’t pay taxes working online. Right now I stopped disability and don’t work for anyone else so I’m hoping I won’t pay as much next March. None the less I have to put money aside for it per month.

I think part of the reason is we are high bracket because of my partner’s income. It will be better if I become a housewife with no work.

Yeah, that’s a lot of taxes to pay.

1 Like

We have 15% or 20% for the high bracket or more. I also made a very detailed expense list otherwise I’d pay back a whole lot more.

I’ve always been in the lower tax brackets.

1 Like

The government favors families and the elderly. So if I have kids and I’m a stay at home mom, we’d be better off.
Right now I pay school tax, different kinds of taxes.

1 Like