Saw my pdoc today

She’s increasing my Invega to 9 mg. She prescribed 15 mg twice a day of buspirone for my anxiety, and hydroxyzine 50 mg for sleep. I’m grateful to her that she’s helping me get sleep and calm down a bit.

She wants to see me again in 4 weeks, but if I’m not ok, she put a note in my chart I can see her sooner. Where I go you have to get permission from the triage nurse or dr to schedule an appointment earlier than what the dr says at your last appointment.

I’m very grateful to her

8 Likes

I hope the Buspar helps you. It has helped me. :turtle::turtle::turtle:

3 Likes

Thanks @GrayBear . How long did it take to build up in your system before it helped you?

1 Like

I don’t remember, but I take 60mg a day. :panda_face::panda_face::panda_face:

1 Like

Ok. Got it. 1515

1 Like

Fyi buspirone could possibly work for negatives since it acts on serotonin 5ht1a. Latuda and abilify have action at this site also

A double-blind, randomized, and placebo-controlled trial of buspirone added to risperidone in patients with chronic schizophrenia - PubMed.

1 Like

I’m glad your pdoc helped you. I hope you can get some sleep.

I’m also on Buspirone 15mg twice a day for anxiety and repetitive thoughts. It takes 3-4 weeks to build up in your system.

2 Likes

Cool @AmICrazyYet . Thanks for the link. I’ll check it out

Ok. Thanks! I was really wondering that

1 Like

well I hope this turns out to be just what you need. !!

2 Likes

Thanks @jukebox 15

1 Like

I hope these changes get you feeling better.

1 Like

Thanks @Leaf . Last night I took half the dose of the two new meds because I was panicking. I was afraid something bad would happen. Nothing bad happened though so tonight I’m going to take the full dose of both.

2 Likes