Schizophrenia.com

Saw my pdoc and i was expecting conversation with him

I was talking about my symptoms, he was continuously tell me give me a second, and at the end he said this are the days to pick up your med. now go and pick up today.???
His a state provided pdoc what else i was suppose to expect?

Yes do take your meds, please take your meds, psychiatrists usually dont wanna hear about anything unless its related to meds.

3 Likes

If you want a deeper conversation @Mindwhisperer - I suggest you see a therapist. My pdoc talks about meds really - how I am doing on them etc…

3 Likes

My Doc is pretty tightly scheduled. He has time to ask about meds, side effects and a few concerns and answer some med related questions.

If I want deeper conversations that unravel my delusions, explain my false memories and erase a bit of my paranoia, then I go to my therapist.

1 Like

My pdoc lets me ramble. I think he only meets with me for half an hour (that’s what my Mom says. I feel like we address everything we need to so I don’t even think about it). He met with me for an hour or two the first time to start to understand me. But then again I say everything is fine and just start talking about stuff. Somehow problems I am having come up and he changes my meds if they need to be. If I notice a problem like my breaks with reality I bring them up right away. But I guess I have been depressed for so long that I have things or go through things that I am just used so used to coping with that I don’t recognize them as problems or it is taking me a long time to realize.

Like last time before the last time I was really depressed. People always talk about feeling sad or unmotivated. I like to laze around but I can get my work done when it comes up. When I get depressed that doesn’t usually change much. I just get numb and go straight to suicidal. There is no building up (or at least any that I recognize). I just kinda go right ahead a jump into the deep end of the pool…

1 Like