Saw my pdoc about dissociation today

He prescribed Lexapro. I hope it works. I am very conservative about meds but am realizing that it was I who suggested that I needed something for anxiety.

I take xanax for anxiety. It really works. I just hope I can be on it long-term, it also treats the akathisia from my Geodon. The end result of the two working together is no symptoms! That and a blood pressure medication, it also helps with akathisia and anxiety, but I do in fact have high blood pressure too.

Lexapro is just an SSRI. It shouldnt be anything to take too seriously, they have way less side effects and troubles than anitpsychotics. Antipsychotics are sometimes a risky gamble, they can really mess with your brain, but when they work, its like a miracle. Just out of curiosity, do you take an antipsychotic?

Yes, I take 5 mg ziprexa. What is an SSRI?

Selective serotonin reuptake inhibitor. It basically makes your brain have increased receptivity to serotonin, which people with anxiety and depression have deficits of. However, my anti-anxiety, xanax, is a minor tranquilizer. It’s for people who freak out under stress. I used to scream into pillows and pace around whenever I got stressed. On xanax I didnt panic during finals and made all A’s. I also dated a couple girls.

Why the word “inhibitor”?

blocks reuptake of serotonin, leaving more in the synapse

Let us know how it works out.

I took my first pill this morning. It’s very relaxing.