Schizophrenia.com

Saw My New Psychiatrist Today

It went really well. I explained that I switched doctors because the last psychiatrist there put me on same-day sick and didn’t register 2 of them anyways. She wrote that I’m not med compliant and even though she told me she changed my label to Bipolar like months and months ago it’s still schizoaffective on there. Anyways, the new doctor also thinks I’m Bipolar. I definitely am. My symptoms are mania dependent and I don’t have symptoms on Abilify which seems to stabilize my mood.

I’m nervous though, he put me on Neurontin/Gabapentin. I looked it up and it’s got lawsuits going for its off label uses for Bipolar etc. It has loads of weird random side effects. It can cause suicidal thoughts and hostility. I just called the nurse and told her I really don’t want to take it, and she told me it’s such a low dose that I shouldn’t worry. It also can cause weight gain. I’m going to take 200mgs a day. I don’t want to take it. I asked for something for anxiety. why couldn’t he just give me something that would actually work well. like really.

My RX score is 45% due to what has been said by the last doctor. I can’t believe it. I have been taking Abilify for years and I was confident in treating my symptoms, yet the depression was not being successfully treated and that was the issue. I tried to express this. I tried to tell her that I was smoking weed because nothing else was helping the depression, instead she took me off my Adhd medication the only thing that was doing anything for my success in life. I was STILL taking Abilify even when I was smoking weed and everything else!!!

Guess I’m Bipolar. LOL. No wonder I’m so pissed off.

1 Like