Rowing machine vs bike

When I was at the gym I used the rowing machine way more and really enjoyed it. I’m contemplating which is better between bike and rower.

The difference between a rowing machine and a stationary bike?

After about 3 weeks, the rowing machine will tuck under your bed and collect dust for years…while the stationary bike will sit rusting out in your garage or storage area.

4 Likes

Haha very funny

Why don’t you just take walks outside or buy a real bicycle.
I wish I can take walks outdoors but I become too paranoid. @anon80629714

1 Like

Rowing machines take up so much space. We had one in our garden for a good few years. Personally I like the idea of indoor training but it can be really hard to motivate yourself to do it.
I may very well be wrong but I’d imagine a bike is better cardio/for losing weight where as a rowing machine is better for building muscles.

1 Like

I go for walks @Wave but I need something else to do because I just can’t lose weight with walks alone.
Even if I do not lose weight on the bike, I know I will get a lot fitter…
Also I cannot ride a bike I am scared to ride on the road with cars about.
We aren’t allowed to ride on the pavement I believe

1 Like

I ended up going for the bike from Costco. Was a bit sceptical because I never heard of the brand but if there is anything wrong with it, costco is usually good to take it back.

2 Likes

I am sorry you become paranoid @Wave, does it help to go with someone, maybe walk to the local shop to buy groseries etc

1 Like

Yes Costco is really good with returns.
Smart move @anon80629714

Best of luck with it!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.