Rituals you have

Was just watching my dad this evening. Noticing that almost every weeknight, at 10pm he watches the news. At 10:30, he turns off the kitchen light, grabs his blanket and turns on Perry Mason. 80% of the time he also falls asleep to Perry Mason and then wakes up a half hour or more later and goes to the bathroom and shuts off the rest of the lights. The first part of this routine is almost like clockwork every weekday night. You could almost set your watch to it.

What are some daily or frequent rituals that you follow?

1 Like

My niece, when she is here, always takes a bath at 7pm sharp…finishes her bath, starts a bag of microwave popcorn, and heads downstairs. She then waits for my dad to put the popcorn in a bowl and bring it downstairs for her while she watches youtube videos.

My niece is also autistic and this something she takes very seriously. I mean like 7pm on the nose, she heads to the bathroom.

1 Like

every morning, I make a pot of coffee…wait for the wife and pets to come out and then make breakfast…she does anyways…the rest of the day is basically the same…just run errands and try to keep in touch with family and friends.

1 Like

I myself, am all over the place on what I do and what times. Even my sleeping schedule can be all over the place. About the only consistency I seem to have is that I practice guitar every day and have been for almost 6 months.(I did miss one day).

1 Like

My life is one big one. Routine is so good for me as it helps me get things done. Otherwise I’m just floating along without much focus. Doing the same things around the same time helps me no end and I think it helps to take your meds same time everday.

2 Likes

When I wake up at about noon, I have a cigarette. That’s about it lol

1 Like

Are we talking the Satanic ones or the ones Iearned in therapy?

I do like a cuppa whilst petting a kitty.

:blush:

2 Likes

I take my pills first thing in the morning. Then I eat a banana and have a cup of coffee. That’s my morning ritual. In the evening I brush my teeth before going to bed and I use mouthwash.

1 Like

I think I have some morning rituals. Getting up between 8am-9am, having breakfast and meds, browsing news on internet and then doing aerobics between 10am -10:30 am.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.