Risperdal tremors

Yesterday when I was meeting with my new psychiatrist she pointed out that my hands were shaking.
She asked me if it was a tremor caused by Risperdal.
I told her it was probably due to the fact that I was anxious but later on after my appointment with her my father said that my hand or fingers move on their own quite frequently.

I thought about it in the past but when I was speaking to my new psychiatrist I didn’t have a lot of insight into the matter.

Now I may contact her before my appointment with her in the Spring.

She didn’t seem to like the idea that I was on Risperdal it seemed anyway.

Maybe she’ll be open to lowering my dose down to 3mg from 4mg.

Something my last psychiatrist was unwilling to do

1 Like

When I was first put on risperidone in 2011 I had eyelid tremor, Dr said benztropine can fix it but I asked for Abilify. When I went back on Risperidone in 2021 I had no issues this time, I took benztropine for a while then stopped it.

1 Like

I don’t think I’d be willing to take benztropine

I take enough meds as it is

1 Like

Risperdal gave me restless/ jumpy legs at night while I was trying to sleep. It also killed my libido. I ditched that med right away.

1 Like

i have had trouble with any med they tried with me except abilify.

judy

1 Like

I had tremors and rigidity. My gait was a bit funny ss well. On respiridone

1 Like

Yes risperidone causes tremors, also stiffness and joint pain in my hands. I take trihexyphenidyl to help with it. .

1 Like

Your my age I think mid 50s? Could just be a common tremor that some people get when they get older. Of course My first thought also would be the risperidone.

1 Like

I had tremors on that medication. It also messed up with my gait, I’d find it difficult to walk normally

1 Like

I’m in my late 50s
No it’s not age related, unfortunately it’s the Risperdal but really the tremors are not disrupting my life right now.

I’ll see if things get worse

1 Like

Hmmmm
In my sleep at night lately I get a full body spasms
I’m on Clozapine, Sertraline

It’s weird
Like my body got a huge shock

1 Like

same here its either myclones or tardive dyskinesia. Iam on lurasidone and atomoxetine it happend to my after taking NAC(n acetyl cysteine)

2 Likes