Religious posts

@SzAdmin @Rhubot I’m frustrated about the no religious posts rule. People keep posting about Buddhist ideas and karma. That’s religion, but if I post about Christianity the thread will get locked. I don’t think it’s fair that no religion except Buddhism is allowed. I’m all for freedom of speech. I’m ok with people being Buddhist. But I’m not ok with the bias against Christianity.

1 Like

No, even when I say something about Buddhism, I get flagged and my post is removed

2 Likes

I haven’t noticed those threads getting locked.

Some threads slip. But I think mods while block Buddhist threads too and overly Buddhist posts

But if you’re like “I’m gonna go meditate under a tree” mods can’t really ban you for it. There is kinda some alternative way to post about Buddhism if you know enough about it.

For the record I always identified close to Taoism but not Buddhist scriptures as much

3 Likes

So can I talk about praying about something? That would be the equivalent of meditating.

2 Likes

@anon9798425 15151515

We don’t allow Buddhism. Posts about Buddha, Nirvana, etc. will be removed just like similar Christian posts. You can mention praying as long as you don’t talk about your religious beliefs or become overly religious to the point it could be triggering.

There is no bias against Christianity, by the way. I’m not sure where this idea comes from. For years, we have treated Christianity like any other religion. Maybe Christian threads are more likely to get flagged and thus noticed by the mods.

3 Likes

My dad introduced me to the Chi. That’s an energy field surrounding the body. I don’t talk about it.

1 Like

I don’t know how everyone else feels about this, but I might be okay with creating a new catagory of post, like “lounge”, “meta”, and “meds” called a “religious” catagory. I’m an agnostic, but I also believe in free speech. It’s like we’re getting too heavily censored by the politically correct. I think there should be strict rules on this catagory of good manners and no shouting, and no antagonizing other people’s beliefs. Maybe we could give that a try and see if it works.

3 Likes

You have mentioned this idea before, but it’s not going to happen. The mod team is of one mind on this and it’s highly unlikely to ever change. Things don’t stop being problematic just because you make a category for it.

It’s probably triggering. That’s why it’s not allowed.

1 Like

I’m a Christian but i learned early on when i posted on the old site that this isn’t the place for it. If i want to talk about Christianity i find a Christian forum.

5 Likes

here is a religous post :hugs:

2 Likes