Really overwhelmed

I’m currently cuddled up under blankets laying in the dark on the couch trying to relax. Baby LED is taking an early nap.

1 Like

I don’t know what’s up with your clinician,

But I do think you can handle this yourself.

Its not fun, especially with baby LED being sick and you just being worn out,

Still, all you have to do is convey to the office that you need a more convenient time and hold your ground.

Play dumb if you have to,

Just get them to work with you.

Hold it together, girlfriend,

I think you’re probably handling this much better than you think.

2 Likes

Talking on phones really takes it out of me. I get so paranoid. Like someone is syphoning my thoughts through the phone. Or if I put it on speaker phone I can hear them transmitting something to my brain.

I know. I know. But i can’t help it. It takes a lot to push through that and use the phone.

3 Likes

A lot of people on the forum have trouble with phone calls,

So you’re not alone.

Remember,

Its not going to take twenty calls to make this work,

Maybe one or two more,

And you can do that.

1 Like

i’m sorry i know its stressful switching to different buildings. i have had to switch quite a bit because of meds or doctors made me uneasy. i hope they can find an open time that works with for you.

1 Like

So my clinician messaged me to tell me I had to call a different number and go through regular intake. Sigh I guess I’ll try to do that tomorrow.

Is your sister living with you now? If so, could she help you with Baby LED if you need to go to a medical appointment?

She is, but she works full time starting Monday so she won’t be able to be here to help.

Oh, I see. Is there any chance that the new clinic might be able to do the intake interview by phone? Explain to them that you don’t have a way to get there and you don’t have available child care either.

I’ll ask when I call tomorrow. But I don’t think I can handle a 2 hour phone call.

1 Like

I wonder if they do any in-home visits? Although, that could be kinda stressful too.

The intake is so I can start getting in home visits. They don’t do intake as in home.

1 Like

Update:

I got a voicemail from the new clinic saying my new clinician would contact me and I’ve qualified for Multnomah county funding! So I don’t have to worry about how I’m going to afford all this.

Not really sure what I need to do other than wait. Butt if a clinician is supposed to contact me then maybe I get to bypass the intake? Fx anyways.

5 Likes

What does it mean if you don’t mind?

Fingers crossed

1 Like

I’m sorry @LED hugs to you.

1 Like

That’s really good news :hugs:

1 Like

Yes! I’m so relieved. Now to worry about getting along with the new clinician!

3 Likes

They’ll take really good care of you in Multnomah County, LED. Glad things are working out for you. I used to live up the road in Vancouver, WA, they did not take my medicare and I was not eligible for medicaid.

I had an angel in human clothes named Bill who saw me pro bono. People in that part of the country are generally decent. You’ll be ok.

Be well <3

1 Like

They don’t take my medicare here either, but I got approved for indigent funding!

1 Like