Reading long passages

Does anyone else have trouble concentrating when reading long passages? If I see a long reply, like a paragraph or so, I skip over it because I can no longer comprehend it. Kapesh?

2 Likes

I never could my whole life since I was 11 or so, I 've gotten better in recovery and taking my meds, but still struggle with it tbh.

I used to be good at it, but I’m finding it harder and harder to concentrate the last couple of years.

Totally me. â– â– â– â–  has to be extremely interesting for me to read it all.
When i need to read something off the internet i use a small note book and trying to make notes about the subject. Or i just draw flowers around the text to make it look better
:hibiscus:
Long posts…after @notmoses, nothing is too hard or too long. (Lol)

1 Like

You are a :rose: in the garden! How was your day, it’s night there right?

Let’s move to boudoir :smoking:

:slight_smile:

1 Like

I can’t read long passages. But I use text to speech on my phone to read long things out loud for me.

1 Like

same here. currently reading a book, which i wouldve found really interesting prior to my sz. but now im losing focus after like one paragraph and have no desire to continue, so i stop.

1 Like

I have the same issues. I can read texts and small passages easily but books or multiple paragraphs get really difficult. The words blur and I lose focus and desire to continue. My boyfriend works with me on reading. We sit down and he helps me read a couple paragraphs. How freaking embarrassing right.

1 Like

Large chunks of text are very hard for me to read…

I also skip over long post here if there are no breaks. A long post with lots of little sentences make it easier for me. But anything that just goes on and on…

Can’t do it.

1 Like

I found a way to bypass reading entire psychology articles, and a way to bypass reading entire textbooks. Just read methods and results of articles. Buy used textbooks which someone else already highlighted.

I can speed read- a weird skill I really nailed when I was assigned to read Grapes of Wrath and write about it when I was a junior in high school. That book sucked.

2 Likes

So whats the Grapes Of Wrath about?

The utter misery and hell of the Great Depression. Not a fun light novel. More like a bible about hell.

Or what we are looking forward to.

A full chapter and a half on the dust bowl… talk about dry reading…

2 Likes