Question: Do you do anything you really love?

I’m big into arts and crafts (after a long dry spell with anhedonia). What is it you love doing, or did love, if anything?

7 Likes

Watching the sunrise and the sunset is a pleasure of mine when things are quiet and the weather is agreeable.

3 Likes

I loved listening to music and running. I was never talented, now that I’ve gained weight I have no running potential.

How did you come out of the anhedonia? I’m suffering from it myself.

I’m into a higher power, I love reading books about that. I can’t be specific because it is against the rules on this forum.

1 Like

I love videogames, music, my spirituality, and art.

4 Likes

I like walking and reading thrillers

3 Likes

Sometimes I really get into a documentary on YouTube. A few days ago I was watching a piece about the submarine warfare in the Atlantic Ocean in World War II. I was really getting into it, and that felt good.

3 Likes

This forum, walking, baking and some videogames. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I’ve lost interest in pretty much everything.

3 Likes

I have loss of pleasure in most things. But I enjoy a group walk. And a walk with my mum at the weekends. I look forward to that.

1 Like

I love reading good books and blog writing. This is what I love to do when my brain functions well. I also love watching Beijing Opera through which I spend the time when I am in bad health.

1 Like

I don’t exactly love doing these things, due to apathy, but I find them interesting.
I do research on mental illnesses and some times I do artistic things like drawing.

3 Likes

I enjoy listening to music and love going to concerts. I listen to music every day, and go to concerts typically two or three times per year.

4 Likes

I dont enjoy things anymore. my brain is damaged.

1 Like

I hike everyday and really enjoy it.

Once a month or so I take on a creative project and love that,

Like refinishing furniture or painting.

2 Likes

I suffer with Anhedonia (lack of pleasure)
I used to enjoy drawing,writing poetry and watching movies, etc…

Today I barely watch tv shows.
I seemed to have lost my creativity also.

5 Likes

There are things I’d like to do. But I think avolition is a huge problem for me. It’s like my desires get put on a conveyor belt and then fall off the end.

4 Likes

I like to draw, run and watch series. Yes I do what I like but I had lack of pleasure too…

1 Like

I love arts and crafts but haven’t been into doing them lately. I have been getting back into writing lately, especially poetry.

3 Likes

with schizophrenia you can feel lost or disconnected from things you love, don’t mean you lost love for it, it just lacks the response’s you normally give. I love a lot of … puzzling things. that remains a mystery…

5 Likes