Problems eating

I know this is not the norm for people with sz but I was wondering if there were others here with similar experiences.

I find it very difficult to get motivated to eat. I do not have an eating disorder, I love food. I love junk food and healthy food. But I will often go without eating for long periods even though I’m feeling very hungry. Sometimes 12 hours or more. I can do other things in the meantime, but I don’t always feel like eating even though I could be so hungry that I’m dizzy and have a stomach ache. So consequently I’ve been very underweight but I’m closer to normal now thanks to the meds. Still have the same issue though, I just eat more when I do eat.

Could this be an unusual symptom of schizophrenia that only some have?

I’m 100% sure it’s not an ED or even related to that. I could eat if I wanted to, I just don’t have the motivation to do it.

I was like this on Geodon. I just didn’t feel like eating, maybe it’s caused by your med? some meds have loss of appetite as side effect. Now that I’m switching meds, I notice all I want to do is eat and eat and eat. I’m agitated.

Maybe if you fill your fridge with good food a lot of fruits, you’ll eat more?

1 Like

I don’t think it’s the meds but that is a good idea. I bet if I made it easier to eat I wouldn’t need so much motivation to do it. And I love fruit so I should eat more of it!

if you eat a couple of bananas a day, you might gain a little weight. (along with food).

1 Like