Potential Impact of KarXT on Negative Symptoms in Acute Schizophrenia

‘‘Effect of KarXT on Negative Symptoms in the Full Sample and Subgroup With Prominent Negative Symptoms
In the full sample, KarXT (n=314) was associated with a significantly greater improvement from baseline to week 5
in PANSS Marder negative factor score compared with placebo (n=326) (least squares mean [LSM] difference=-1.97,
standard error [SE]=0.40, P<0.0001; Cohen’s d=0.42; Figure 2A)
• A total of 64 participants (10%) met criteria for having prominent negative symptoms at baseline. In this subgroup,
KarXT (n=29) was associated with a significantly greater reduction from baseline to week 5 in PANSS Marder negative
factor score compared with placebo (n=35) (LSM difference=-4.71, SE=1.16, P<0.0001; Cohen’s d=1.18) (Figure 2B)’’

3 Likes

So karxt is good for negative symptoms?

1 Like

Apparently yes. But until there is clinical evidence it cannot be confirmed. Everything seems to indicate that it will be much more tolerable than current antipsychotics.

4 Likes

Wooohooo good news

2 Likes

I swear I can’t wait to get that medicine in my hands.

3 Likes

Its suppose to be approved in September I wonder how long after approval until its on the market? Im in the US and planning on taking it right away

1 Like

It would be nice to have a psych med that actually lives up to the hype.

3 Likes

The United States has excellent logistics. In 2 or 3 months it would be supplying the local US market. At least that’s what my psychologist told me.

2 Likes