Post surgery

Thanks everyone for your support! I’ll get the biopsies results in a few days. I have to catheterize myself 4 times a day for a while. Options for the future include a permanent catheter, a bladder pacemaker, and worst case scenario - losing my bladder. But that’s after we’ve tried everything else.

11 Likes

I’m glad they’re going to try a lot of other things before you lose your bladder. Sounds like you have a good dr. I’m hoping the biopsies come back negative or a positive outcome.

Edited to explain myself better.

3 Likes

Permanent catheter seems the least invasive. I really hope they short things out for you

3 Likes

I hope everything turns out okay but no matter what you got this

4 Likes

Thanks @Cragger @SpringRose @Twialine

I am hoping I don’t need a permanent catheter as tat would mean I’d have to wear depends all my life. Definitely do not want that. I’m hoping there’s a god solution for all this.

I don’t empty my bladder well enough. They said it’s because my bladder isn’t contracting to let me know I need t go until it’s way too much. That’s why I have to catheterize myself so much.

3 Likes

Hi @CoCo Glad you are out of surgery :slight_smile: hope you feel better.

3 Likes

Thanks @Resilient1

1 Like

you are so young to have to worry about things like this…so sorry you are in poor health, I know it’s a burden on your peace of mind…glad you had the surgery…thought you might pull out of it this morning with your paranoia…glad it’s over…good luck on the future of your bladder.

3 Likes

Thanks @jukebox . I appreciate that. Yes I went. I asked for something to calm me down when I got there. It helped a lot.

4 Likes

I thought what my dad had was a catheter. It was a tube that just collected his urine without him doing anything. He had kidney disease. It really didn’t seem all that bad but once when the tube came out.

1 Like

I’m sorry that’s what’s going on and I hope everything works out my thoughts are with you

1 Like

Yeah, I had to insert a catheter into Mys.Jayster for a while. We saw it as playing doctor.

2 Likes

Wishing best outcome for you @CoCo

:blue_heart:

2 Likes

I think regularly self-catherizing may be okay until something is done. Several of my friends self-catherize and they just make sure to get in control of their bathroom routine. You got this!!

2 Likes

That’s a Foley catheter. I have to use what’s called a straight catheter that I put in to pee, then throw away the catheter. Then do it all over again for a total of 4 times per day

1 Like

Thanks @anon10648258. I’m frustrated because I’ve asked them to show me how to do it and they never can. So my husband had to figure it out and has to do it for me. 4 times a day, everyday!!! He should not have to do that. This isn’t a good solution in my opinion

Thanks @Joker 15

Lol! That’s one way to look at it. Haha

1 Like

Thanks @Twialine 15

1 Like

Oh good luck @CoCo
Best wishes to you and your husband both

1 Like