Post psychosis FATIGUE?

Hi, I switched meds after my psychosis from invega depot to haldol depot. It has been 3 months since thr change and 6 weeks sincę my mania and psychosis completely gone and I have become lethargic - barely do anything at work or at home. Is this normal? Do you or have you experienced it? For how long?

I had two breakdowns this summer with delusions and mania like symptoms and hospitalization. I have been lethargic since then (4 months) but now it seems slowly to go better with the energy.

I was helped by increasing my dose of Mirtazapine (AD) without consulting my pdoc, besides that im on abilify, tried amisulpride but it made me drowsy.

May the energy be with you soon.

Do you work? I have to go to work and I am already exhausted the minute i turn in. I am strongly conaidering quitting as soon as i start getting disability allowance

Yes i work reduced time, but hardly hanging on. If you can get disability and you can make a good living without work, it’s a good opportunity,

Im afraid to have a dull life without my work, but sametime it drains me and i am not able to see friends and family bcz of fatigue after work. I hope i get more energy. Hope for you too.

2 Likes

Bump 1515151515

How much haldol are you on? I’m on 1mg and at a low dose there aren’t many side effects but haldol can be nasty at higher doses.

Regarding work, Yes it’s difficult to maintain a job with this illness. I’m doing it right now and it’s not fun at all. In fact, I called in today for a day off :slight_smile:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.