Possible Schizophrenia?

This. My first pdoc had me pegged as Psychosis NOS until he put me on medication and wanted to see what my response was. I had a positive response, so he updated the diagnosis to PSZ. All that has since been thrown out the window as I have more neurological weirdness going on than psychiatric with the advent of new treatments and new approaches. All this started 20 years ago, almost 21.

There are some people who get forced to live at home, even when adults. I was just wondering what can cause that.
I think I understand how one can be put in a hospital

Generally the doctors say that you have to have active symptoms for 6 months before they would give anyone a diagnosis - but that also varies by doctor. some doctors are in no hurry to give people diagnosis - because there are downsides to giving a diagnosis (its an inexact science still) - and they frequently change over time (the diagnoses).

The most important thing is to get treatment for the symptoms. The diagnosis really doesnā€™t matter (in my opinion)

Iā€™ve had these symptoms for many years, theyā€™ve just gotten worse over time, aside some when it calmed down and didnā€™t do much. (still had tiny symptoms)

My son is 20 and currently living at home. I cannot force him to stay here unless I have some sort of guardianship, here in Canada I think itā€™s called substitute decision maker. To get this one would have to prove that the person is incapable of making life decisions.

Thought so. I wasnt sure.
I have nothing to worry about becaus Iā€™m very capable of taking care of my own self and to make my own choices.

I was 6 months in hospital. I could not take care of myself. I didnā€™t eat or drink until someone put the spoon in my hand. After a year I had to start learning to cook a meal again. I had forgotten everything and my attention span was that of a squirrel. It was not easy with two kids when your brain does not work at all.

Iā€™m so sorry that had happened, good to know youā€™re better now.

What does (post 16) mean?

I havenā€™t changed the title yet. On the 16th post of this topic I had some questions.

!6th post of someone elseā€™s topic? Sorry, it just confused me.

On the 16th post on this topic it was me asking some questions. Its fine to be confused.