Poll: what types of therapy do you like best?

I’m a big fan of mindfulness. I need to do it more often. It is very beneficial.

1 Like

I also find that tai chi is an excellent way to cope with stress and improve my mindfulness. I try to work through the 48 forms several times a week.

2 Likes

I had therapy from the NHS and did not find any benefit whatsoever

It sucked

The therapist got me dx’d with ASD, then retired and kicked me off the program

$64 on Kindle. Too expensive to even try it.

I was offered therapy when I was first diagnosed but I turned it down because I was psychotic. If therapy would help with negatives…like maybe helping me with motivation or, not likely , anhedonia, I would try it. I don’t think I really need help with anything else. I am long since over my delusions so I don’t need any help with psychotic symptoms. I have never had therapy of any kind.

1 Like

I wouldn’t be able to work without CBT. Much cheaper than paying a therapist by the hour as well.

2 Likes

I wish none was an option. I felt I’ve helped my therapists more than they’ve helped me.

3 Likes

I like Pizza Therapy. They force feed you pepperoni pizza until you either puke or explain why you hated your grandmothers dog so much it made you crazy.

2 Likes

DBT skills changed my life

2 Likes

Sorry I was a little negative yesterday. I could have phrased my comment better.

When I was in the nuthouse one of the counsellors was talking about the Golden Rule and I told him I prefer the Platinum Rule, he didn’t know what that was, when I told him he thanked me and said he was going to use it.

For those that don’t know…

Golden Rule: Do to others what you would have done to you
Platinum Rule: Do to others what they would have done to them

2 Likes

platinum rule sounds kinky

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.