Give me meds any day

Therapy doesn’t seem to be helping.
Meds on the other hand give me a fighting chance.
I know that my psych meds have a lot of unwanted side effects but I’d be lost without them.

I’m just venting :grimacing:

5 Likes

I have also become reliant on them

Back on a higher dose of diazepam now too, which sucks but I need it

3 Likes

Therapy takes a lot of uncomfortable work, so a lot of people do not like it. It’s understandable.

2 Likes

I’ve done the hard work over and over again, still no improvement

What helps me a bit is deep breathing exercises which is part of DBT

Therapy is not for everyone

Therapy is one of the primary reasons my psychiatrist is offering me the opportunity to try going off meds. Apparently my coping skills are pretty much off the charts. I didn’t get those out of a pill bottle.

3 Likes

What kind of therapy do they want you to do? I found talk therapy to be of little use for me.but active therapy for forcing myself to do stuff helped.

1 Like

Glad it’s helping you @velociraptor
But like I told zombie, therapy is not for everyone.

1 Like

Therapy is like water… It’s for everyone, but not everyone likes the taste of it. I refuse to touch plain water. I insist someone runs a tea bag through it at the very least.

1 Like

Yeah I don’t like the taste of water I guess.
But just to let you know, there are a lot of “bad” therapists out there, especially in my area.
They are not qualified and are out there for a quick buck.

Tell me about it. Honestly, 40% of the therapy I’ve done has come from books. I’d give AA credit for 50% – it’s basically an early form of cognitive behavioral therapy. 10% maybe from actual therapists. I find the principles mostly work even when no human therapist is involved.

1 Like

What about just doing your own therapy plan? Like figure out what your struggling with then use a behaviorial therapy of choice to work on it.

You dont necessarily need a licensed therapist to tell you what to do.

My therapist just told me workbooks to buy and she said it was ultimately me that needs to put the work in.

2 Likes

@wave you should buy the bipolar workbook.

Basically when your struggling with a symptom you look in the book and find something to help you with that.

Its not a book you read front to back or have to use everyday. Its more like a specialized tool.

edit
Actually heres the book for free on pdf. Not sure if im allowed to post or not.

2 Likes

Same.

When I used to see commercials for drugs, and they would say a billion horrible side effects at the end of the commercial, I’d think why the hell would anybody take that med???

And now I know! :sweat_smile: Because sometimes you just have to take it. I mean, you can try to find one with fewer or milder side effects, but in most cases, we still have some awful side effects we have to deal with for the sake of our sanity.

3 Likes

If I find I need to go back on meds, I’m going back on meds. There’s no question about that. Sometimes ya just gotta.

[ eyes up @Blossom’s ankle ]

[ looks up remaining calories for day ]

[ sighs and pulls out a stick of celery instead ]

2 Likes

I was very thankful I had aps last winter. I would of done something drastic and dangerous if I didnt have something to get things under control

1 Like

I agree with you @Wave. My talk therapy is mostly a joke. I try to keep an open mind and am required to go. But i have not seen much progress. He often compares my paranoia to his panic attacks. Which paranoia comes at will. Panic attacks you can fight off. Its frustrating when he does this. I have to keep telling him its not a panic attack, its paranoia

1 Like

My meds have brought me to a good place now - with no therapy needed. I’m going with my husband for some next month after seeing my pdoc but already doing much better

1 Like

Most therapists don’t have a fukking clue.

1 Like

I have had maybe 2 therapy sessions in my life.
Dont know much about it.
Meds are meds, good when they are right.

3 Likes

I need therapy for real…
But I wan’t more then I’m sorry to hear that…
I want regeneration from childhood, and my anger management…
I’m not for modern aproach…

2 Likes