Poll: What Percentage of Posters Have Schizophrenia On This Forum

Okay Captain!

Still half expecting the Rogueone Spaceship to pick us all up one day and transport us to Eden…with you at the helm of course! :wink:

2 Likes

I’m bipolar with psychotic traits so I put other :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

My diagnostic history: schizophrenia- schizoaffective mixed type or bipolar disorder(schizoaffective more frequently)- personality disorder NOS - paranoid personality disorder.

I am in the strange position of being diagnosed with what is technically a non psychotic disorder but in which psychosis can occur.

At various times I have been described as "Suffers from psychotic symptoms " , “And he has in the past suffered from some delusional thoughts which are now managed by medication” . Risk history mentions delusions and confused and paranoid thinking.

If there was such a thing as a broad diagnosis of ‘psychosis spectrum disorder’, incorporating mild and/ or transient psychosis/psychotic thinking through to more chronic and/or severe presentations of psychosis, I would probably be seen as fitting that . Probably as psychosis spectrum disorder-mild type.

Although I did’t realise it at the time I was probably more prone to acute bouts of psychotic thinking when younger .

2 Likes

I think that’s a common occurrence. I think my current dx really sucks. See myself as avoidant + autistic(traits) + non-verbal learning disorder + schizotypal(traits) .

3 Likes

My official dx is paranoid schizophrenia, but I likely have other undiagnosed issues, I would guess a significant mood component, because I have mood swings.

Before sz I feel I had undiagnosed personality disorders (narcissistic, schizoid, schizotypal, dependent, avoidant) all at some point. Then, of course, I was still only just over age 18, I might not have been diagnosed if any doctor cared enough. In any case, they evolved into sz, and now I possibly suffer from both personality disorders and sz.

2 Likes

My current diagnosis is schizophreniform disorder (kind of a placeholder diagnosis while medical professionals watch over you to see if psychosis returns; my psychosis is effectively gone right now) with a possible mood component. I didn’t really deal with hallucinations while psychotic, other than a psychiatric nurse’s face turning demonic when I was /really/ bad. Like you @PatrickT, delusions of reference are my affliction when I’m out of touch with reality. My therapist thinks I may have depression with psychotic features but we’ll have to wait and see if I suffer another breakdown to determine anything definitively. :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

Paranoid schizophrenic reporting for duty. At least that’s what my regular doctor thinks and I agree but am in hospital at the moment and they are questioning it :slightly_frowning_face:

PFL x

3 Likes

I don’t have an official diagnosis but they said I’m at high risk of schizophrenia and scored high for schizotypal/schizoid/paranoid.

6 Likes

Diagnosed with Schizophrenia, however, I am on no medication. I have no auditory or visual hallunication,I do however, experience paranoia and many of the negative symptoms of Schizophrenia

3 Likes

My name is, my name is, my name is, Slim 77nick77.

3 Likes

That’s what the forum was always about. Anyone who has ever had a psychotic moment. That’s why the diagnosed section was split up.

6 Likes

Diangnosed with sz. Though my mental health team are more concerned concerned with treating symptomss rather than the label. I have been put in the psychosis pathway though. They changed all that last year. (Put people into groups/pathways )

1 Like

Paranoid schizophrenic - though thanks to my treatment I can function…mostly…

1 Like
1 Like

I got paranoid schizophrenia. I’m pretty dang sure I had schizotypal personality disorder as I was growing up until it turned into SZ in the military.

My psychiatrist makes it clear to me that she doesn’t like labels.
She likes to treat symptoms first and foremost.

Some doctors consider me SZA others bipolar with psychotic features.

2 Likes

I don’t think I’ve been told a diagnosis since the initial psychosis NOS, but I’ve seen in some forms they put as a diagnosis the icd code for paranoid schizophrenia so maybe that’s my diagnosis. I haven’t particularly asked though

2 Likes