Poll Result: I will share my first video

Please comment below. If you can discuss the content, and anything that could have been spoken about.

12 Likes

I like it…

1 Like

You’ve done a good job of dispelling some of the fears that society has toward schizophrenics.

You should make more videos.

1 Like

I had to record that three times as I downloaded a video software and it kept on losing the file. I hope that doesn’t come across

1 Like

Good job. You might have mentioned one statistic that has been bothering me lately. One camp of people say that schizophrenia is not that common in the population. It’s only 1-2% of the population and pretty true for almost all countries around the world. But I read an article recently that said schizophrenia is actually common. And I agree because one or two people out of a hundred people will become schizophrenic. A hundred people does not seem like a large number of people to have one or two of them be schizophrenic.

1 Like

I will make my next video on statistics.

I will dig out everything relevant to us and talk about it

3 Likes

You did good. You represented schizophrenics very well in such a small time frame and you were articulate and presented your case well. Good luck in your future videos.

4 Likes

Okay, but I’ll tell you that statistics are a head argument while a personal testimony is a heart argument, and most people are persuaded by heart arguments.

For example, a few years ago a young man knocked on my door asking me to vote against a proposed State amendment that would have banned openly gay people from teaching in some schools. He started showing charts and graphs, and more charts and graphs. Frankly, I was bored and didn’t care. I started telling him to have a nice day when he said: I’m gay, and I’m a teacher, so I’m going to lose my job.

I voted against the proposition.

3 Likes

That makes sense. I will wait until I have something meaningful to say.

1 Like

Very informative video.
Good going!

1 Like

Thanks @Wave :slight_smile:

1 Like

Very compelling video @Joker

1 Like

Thanks @Moonbeam I am glad you like it.

I am not going to make them all the time, just when I have something to say.

I am not going to go in telling people who I am. The internet is a big place and I think I can get away without wearing a ski mask.

1 Like

The ideas that Hollywood have portrayed of schizophrenia and other mental illnesses fall under the trope “Hollywood psych” a good site to see how it’s used is tvtropes.org which has some great articles on it & its representations in media

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.