• medium polite, i have acheved alot by keeping my issues to myself
  • a little polite, i feel comfortable when i act reasonably
  • not impolite, i just dont care
  • impolite, i hate the world

0 voters

2 Likes

I’m a little polite.

1 Like

Fixed your poll - should be working now.

1 Like

I try to be as polite as I can.

1 Like

I haven’t been very polite the last 10 years. I even cursed out the Baptist minister one time.

Can’t connect explanations you provided with the meaning of politeness.
Did you mean how well we conduct ourselves?

I would like to be polite and cultivated, but I’m uncouth and suffer from indiscretion. I’m never rude to people, though, I hate that. I think rudeness is a form of aggression.

Yes how well you conduct yourselves.

I wish I was less extremely polite. I’ve spent my life avoiding fights. I need to stick up for myself more.

I always find it refreshing when others are brutally honest.

2 Likes

I try to be polite until the person I’m dealing with demonstrates that it is wasted on them.

1 Like

I am a very very polite person. That’s how my parents raised me.

3 Likes

After my psychotic break, my personality changed. I’ve become so fearful of people and conflict that I am over-the-top polite when dealing with others. I also have poverty of speech so polite niceties are usually the only things I can think of to say.

I was polite before my psychosis, but it didn’t come from a place of fear like it does now. Just common courtesy.

3 Likes

My mother raised me to be polite. She did a good job because I am still polite even though I sometimes forget to be. In fact my caseworker fills out my treatment plan form every three months and he lists the things I need to work on but he also lists my strengths. He always writes: “Nick is polite and friendly with others”

(He also writes, “Nick takes pride in his appearance and is able to navigate around in his community and he is able to advocate for himself.” )

2 Likes

I’m so polite people get weird around me lol. I can think of terribly mean things because my dad’s twisted sense of humor and I think people can look at me and think I’m a badboy but I usually choose to keep to myself and be polite as possible like my mom.

I think there’s a diff between being coolly polite and being out-and-out kind to people. Politeness is shallower. One can be on one’s deathbed and still say “please” and “thank you” or “sorry” or any knee-jerk response. But kindness and generosity come spontaneously from a much deeper place. Just my two cents.

2 Likes

This one was really hard for me to quantify. I’m always as polite as I can be, but due to my anxiety around people my behaviors can be taken as hostility.

1 Like

A guy tried to rob me on the street. I told him, “I hope it’s not too much trouble for you.”

1 Like

I’m ultra polite if you deserve my respect. Otherwise it could be just business polite! I said the second one! medium polite on average!

1 Like

Around people I don’t know well, I’m very polite. But, around people I know really well, I’m brutally honest and blunt to a fault. I believe it is one of my major character flaws.

1 Like

I’m the same way @anon1517417.

I put medium polite. I’m nice and polite most of the time, but I also curse and swear around people that I’m pretty sure aren’t overly offended by it. Or when someone acts ridiculous and unreasonable one two many times.