Poll: How bitter are you?

Maybe a tiny bit sometimes. Usually not though, I ended up resolving a lot of the things I felt the most bitter about.

4 Likes

I’d say I’m a 7 but it changes from day to day. I’m bitter because I have physical and mental illness, the combo really limits what I can do. So I have more isolation/anxiety than would be ideal. Yet I also realize there are others who have suffered much worse than me and in spite of my problems many good things are in my life too. But some days/sometimes I can really dwell on my limits and feel pretty bad.

3 Likes

Not bitter about anything really. Why be bitter, i can sit around angry at the world or consider how lucky i am that i am functional, and i don’t have catatonic type, I got to meet you awesome folks. But for the sake of full disclosure, i was ashamed and scared as hell at first.

1 Like

I have recently changed AP’s and found I have been getting quite angry at times, which is unusual for me. I was angry at myself and others about things I have missed out since developing Sz. I figured for a while it was a reaction with the new AP’s, then I stumbled upon the site below and it helped a good deal.

Overcoming Bitterness

I’m still getting angry at other dumb things, so it’ll get mentioned to the pdoc when I next see them.

1 Like

Erm, I didn’t mean the bitterness was dumb. Can’t edit this post now. Drat.

Being “not bitter” is actually one of my strong points. I never dwell on what I lost in life, and I lost a lot a lot a lot. I just move forward and use the current predicament to be the best me I can be.

I had much higher expectations for life at 27 years old than I have now back when I was just turned 19.

But I’ve adapted and now I’m writing books and making music inspired by the predicaments and ills brought upon me by my mental illness.

The thing is, it was only about 8 years ago I came down with mental illness severely and immediately decided I wanted to be a writer and work on music too. 8 years of adulthood is not a long time to influence your craft.

But I have done it and I have improved a lot.

I think I am not only “not bitter” but I’ll take it a step further and call myself “adaptable”…In turn I am seemingly strong and resilient because I reap the benefits of a negative situation!

2 Likes

Have you noticed how people who are grouchy never seem to know it? Is someone you know a grouch? Could it be that YOU are a grouch and unaware of it? Here’s a little quiz to help you decide

• Do you go to bed hoping that you will wake up in a bad mood?
• Do you ever pretend to be sleeping to keep from having to talk to anyone?
• Do you often speak in short grunts instead of using words?
• Do your teeth ever feel sore from grinding them together?
• Do you wake up in the mornings with a bad breath and an attitude to match?
• Have you ever screamed at the alarm clock?
• Do you avoid taking pictures because you really don’t want to remember?
• Do you often complain that a restaurant is no good, or a good restaurant could have been better?
• Do you frequently use the phrase “Get Over It”?
• Have you ever volunteered to be the designated wet blanket at a party?
• Do you like it when people avoid you because you’d rather not be bothered anyhow?
• Is a major source of your nutrition black coffee and aspirin?
• Have you never had a GOOD hair day?
• Do you call vacations a reason for slackers to avoid working?
• Did the local undertaker advise you to cheer up?
• Do you love a traffic jam as it gives you a reason to rant?
• Do think taxes are too high, politicians are crooks, and there’s no point in voting because it won’t do any good?
• Is your best moment when you say to someone, “I told you so!” ?
• Are you are always in a hurry to get there late?
• Do you ever argue with the newscaster, the sports announcer, or anyone on TV?
• When someone says, “How are you?” do you tell them the truth?
• Is the some of the best advice you give when you tell people where to go?
• Do you avoid celebrating birthdays because smoke from candles aggravates your allergies?
• Are you afraid to smile as it might break something?
• Does your dog only like you when its time for his food?
• Do people walk around you on tiptoes?
• Do you avoid television because there’s nothing worth watching?
• Can you spit nails faster than a nail gun?
• When you walk into a room does the temperature fall?
• Have you ever been accused of snarling?
• Have you been offered a transfer to the Complaint Department at your company?
• Are you unable to remember why you are mad?
• Do you use your spouse or co-workers as a sounding board or a dart board?
• Would you have to improve your disposition to be a called pessimist?
• Could your attitude benefit from CPR?
If you answered yes to most of the above, you are probably perfectly normal. If you denied them all, you are undoubtedly a grouch and need a major attitude adjustment.

3 Likes

lol @Dreamscape2

3 Likes

I’m not bitter, I’m sweet

3 Likes