Poll: do you think Schizophrenion is a better way of describing us? Or stick with Schizophrenic?

I prefer

1. Schizophrenions
    (noun) “of Schizophrenia”

Or 2. Schizophrenic
People who have Schizophrenia (and no other illness in the world is worse) and identify as such

1 Like

Never heard of schizophrenion but yeah schizophrenic sounds like a bad word describing a personality disorder or an isolated and minor group of ppl.

2 Likes

I think you’ll run into a similar problem that we had with the R word moving to intellectual disability moving to developmental delay. People will keep using the new word as an insult. The best successes have been with communities who reclaim the word and use it as a source of pride.

2 Likes

I just wish when I used the sz word people wouldn’t quickly assume that it means I have multiple personalities. That one always drives me nuts. I probably shouldn’t care but not even people whose job it is to accurately report the news gets it right.

2 Likes

I’m nucking futz, thank you.

2 Likes

I just don’t like people knowing I have psychosis NOS.in the first place. Today I told my mum I used to be traumatised by hearing her in my head.

I now feel like the whole world might as well know.

Because I don’t think she will keep that to herself.at least that’s how I feel.

1 Like

I do agree with @Ninjastar

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.