Poll : Do you plan on taking antipsychotics your whole life or do you plan on trying to get off them at some point?

I went off my antipsychotic med for several days for a combination of reasons then started to sense the rabbit hole nearby. I’m back on now, forever.

2 Likes

Without my antipsychotic I become extremely delusional and paranoid.
Last time I was off my meds 6 years ago I thought that my entire family was planning to torture and kill me!

I also thought that the computers and cell phones were hacked.

I also thought that the Russian Mob was tracking me down and planning to kill me!

Never again!

I was living in an alternate nightmare!

I had zero insight.

2 Likes

I’m pretty much fully recovered and I’m trying to quit my meds now.

4 Likes

If I can be symptom free for 5 years i will consider going off them, there are articles I’ve posted before but got in trouble for showing clinically that some patients after 10 years on meds can successfully come off meds. One of the moderators is coming off meds. I hope one day I can but I am not close to being recovered yet I’m still in the thick of the woods.

3 Likes

Thanks, hope you’re well @Unclehenry

3 Likes

Like @anon9798425, I feel I am recovered from the delusional and psychotic states. I quit my AP, though I am on an AD to help with negatives and depression.

5 Likes

I will never flirt with stopping my meds…I was in hell before I had meds…

3 Likes

Any time I’ve tried it has ended in disaster

3 Likes

I have given up now, and will take them until I am told otherwise

2 Likes

I go back and forth in my mind. But at the moment, feeling like it should be for life.

2 Likes

I’ve gone back and forth on this topic a few times myself.

I’d say your post garnished a lot why drag it on?

I’m not “dragging it on”. I got a reply I wanted to respond to…

1 Like

I’ve tried coming off of my meds and I felt amazing for the first month and a half. Then things started spiraling and I decided to go back on them. I’d love to try to wean off again in the future but as of right now I don’t think it’s a good idea

2 Likes

Don’t listen to those docs who say you’ll never be happy again.
I’m happier now than I was before my first psychotic break. Even when I was still in a band who had vinyl and CD releases and had toured twice.
I will take my meds for the rest of my life. I already know what can happen if I stop.
The negatives are almost non-existent. No tardive dyskinesia. Take propranolol for akathesia. No discernible side effects anymore.

3 Likes

I tried no meds for two years. Not a fun time lmao. Needless to say I ended up homeless for a bit.

2 Likes

I’m waiting for the the right one
Until then I do my best on necessary meds.

1 Like

I’ll be on them für immer!

No choice.

:grinning:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.