Podcast: Traveling with Schizophrenia

1 Like

Yeah, travel medical insurance providers just love it when you disclose you have SZ. Suddenly 10x as many questions to answer.

2 Likes

thanks for recommending this I have been listening to more podcasts lately. Im ready to travel when things open up again. Fam has been planning to travel for awhile…I still haven’t gotten a passport to leave the country but maybe we will plan something smaller like I would suggest Colorado thats a place I have loved, or the west coast. My friend wanted to travel to CA with me sometime but neither of us have vehicles. So we may end up on airplanes. I doubt this will ever transpire. I have no fears of traveling I have traveled alone before also. I went to Denver it was a breaze back then people were frirendly and some people carried my luggage for me or helped out with that I hope its like that next time, also got my real id updated because some states you cant travel there without a “real” id anymore or the updated drivers license.

1 Like

In listening to this podcast, I think its the reasoning behind why you travel also that could be a reason it doesnt turn out well or worsens delusions. Like I have been in the mind-set I want to travel the world sorta like with bipolar just up and leave everything behind. Thats why if you have schizophrenia or bipolar I would recommend planning it to the T and bringing fam or stable friends and have lots of backup plans and emergency plans, funds, a working cellphone or multiple phones that work outside the country. But the thrill of planning even then could be an allure. Main thing is where i am is very stable and I dont need to leave anything behind. Though I would love to see the world or see a beautiful island like Costa Rica etc.

1 Like