Schizophrenia.com

Please send happy thoughts!

My oldest daughter, who is in college, is now having an existential crisis because she didn’t get the housing she wanted AND broke up with her boyfriend. Each time she’s broken up with a boyfriend, she’s become suicidal. With her last boyfriend, she actually took all of her pills and was put in Intensive Care for the couple of days she was unconscious, followed by a couple of weeks’ hospital stay. She is now telling me that she can’t take the pressure and stress. She didn’t mention being suicidal. I told her that she needs time to process everything and, if she feels she can’t talk to me, she should talk to someone. She said it doesn’t help, that I wasn’t helping, and then she hung up on me.

I have a feeling she is going to drop out of this semester, right here at the end. She doesn’t seem to be able to handle relationships, though she won’t go to therapy and keeps starting one relationship after the other, getting very serious very quickly. I just don’t know what to do.

oh this is bad. I hope you can reach out to your daughter and fix this…sad and dangerous sounding to me…

I hope everything turns out fine with your daughter.
Yes, reach out to her @Happy_H.

I called her and talked to her for a while. We just talked about a bunch of nothing. She let me go so she could write an essay. She didn’t mention hurting herself. Still, I will make sure to call her first thing in the morning. I have no idea where it will go from here.

The thing is, I really think this break up was for the best. She keeps going back and forth about whether or not she is gay, and she mentioned before that she feels like she was missing out on something with him.

You must be so worried! I will pray for her safety and self-awareness. Therapy could be so helpful for her!

I hope she feels better and she’s able to finish this semester since it’s so close to being over. There’s nothing wrong with taking time off school too, I did and I feel much better. It’s most important to be healthy! I think everything will turn out well, she is loved

I don’t have kids so i can’t imagine how hard this must be for you. I think you’re doing the most important thing, though, and that is to keep the communication going. Just being there to talk is probably a big thing for her right now. Hope everything turns out for the best.

She is okay this morning, but she said she had bad dreams. Otherwise, she is going to class.