Please convert to the metric system

And stop confusing the rest of the world with your arbitrary numbers.

“The lower defining point, 0 °F, was established as the freezing temperature of a solution of brine made from equal parts of ice, water and salt (ammonium chloride).[2] Further limits were established as the melting point of ice (32 °F) and his best estimate of the average human body temperature (96 °F, about 2.6 °F less than the modern value due to a later redefinition of the scale).[3] The scale is now usually defined by two fixed points: the temperature at which water freezes into ice is defined as 32 °F, and the boiling point of water is defined to be 212 °F, a 180 °F separation, as defined at sea level and standard atmospheric pressure.”

8 Likes

“In the United States, a short ton is usually known simply as a “ton”,[1] without distinguishing it from the tonne (1,000 kilograms or 2,204.62262 pounds), known there as the “metric ton”, or the long ton also known as the “Imperial ton” (2,240 pounds or 1,016.0469088 kilograms). There are, however, some U.S. applications where unspecified tons normally means long tons (for example, naval ships)[2] or metric tons (world grain production figures).”

You have three different tons.

4 Likes

I’m sorry but you can’t covert me to your metric religious way of thinking. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

6 Likes

In American movies folk always estimate values in incriments of 5. For instance,

‘The guy must have weighed 140 to 145 pounds and climbed 35/40 feet up that tree’

3 Likes

I’ll never convert!

1 Like

Yes, the metric system is best. It is the most logical and what the rest of the whole world has.

1 Like

Me: “how many feet in a yard?”
Americans: “about 0 to 5”

5 Likes

Americans are very self-centered and individualistic. maybe because there’s a lot opace here. We don’t have to rub elbows with other people

3 Likes

Isn’t the spacestation international?

Yes but they all use the metric system up there.

1 Like

‘Royal with cheese’

5 Likes

Science is a different dog.

Measurements are local.

I and everyone I know would say there are 3 feet in a yard.

3 Likes

220 yards in a furlong

2 Likes

In soccer its 11 meters penalty shot.

14 pounds in a stone

1 Like

In some cultures its just heavy light or easy.

20 Likes

We have no local measurement units in my country.
I don’t think local measurement units are very common outside of the US.