Pissed with my husband

It really bothers me that negatives outway positives in my mind and that no matter how great my day goes (and it did go pretty great) everything can feel horrible if one bad thing happens. And my husband is that one thing today. I feel like his mood and energy are just total crap today. Complained about so much and was distant Through out the entire day wth family and with me. I’m pretty sure it started with a long week and he didn’t sleep enough last night. It makes me mad because today was really important to me for a lot of reasons and told him go to sleep early. He went to bed so late and then was slow getting up this morning with a headache and grumpiness. And then was quiet or argumentative all day. I want to punch him right now as he sleeps next to me.
Anyone else have a spouse that drives you up the wall from time to time.

1 Like

oh we spouses know how to push your buttons don’t we?? sorry dear. I don’t struggle with this after years of fighting we found a happy island where we both just enjoy each others company. I hope you get to your happy place with your husband soon.

3 Likes

"Pissed with my husband"

Your thread title made me think you have his and hers toilets in your bathroom! :wink:

2 Likes

not funny @PatrickT it’s an expression in the states.

Have I EVER made you laugh even ONCE, Jukebox?

it’s o k to be funny when somebody is just talking…I just think it’s your timing that makes me not laugh at your jokes.

I’m in Canada but yes it’s an expression. It does sound weird. I don’t use pee and piss interchangeably though so I didn’t notice how strange it was. Lmao

Yes I thought we’d reached that point. But I think maybe we haven’t reached a point where we are both stable at the same time. That’s always going to be hard. I wish I could be more on his side about today but he didn’t open up about anything at all or say he’s having a bad day so I just stewed. My dad wasn’t able to get out of bed today let alone drive over to my moms home but I gave him a pass and not get upset because I understand. But I don’t understand my husbands issues. It’s so difficult not always having the answers I suppose isn’t it.

1 Like

I’m all for a sense of humor @PatrickT but do you have some sort of evil quota to shut down as many threads as possible? But tbf I did get a chuckle out your wise crack. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I did not know you both were mentally ill…my first wife was schizophrenic same as I and we were delusional most of the time we were married…disastrous bancruptcy. Her family thought it was my fault so they pressured her to get out of the marriage…I liked being married…good for you.

1 Like

He isn’t schizophrenic. I really mean that I am sympathetic to his stability as I would be any healthy brained person. He experiences depression that is not chronic or clinical and does not require medication. More that he needs to stay balanced with sleep, work, life etc just like everyone else. So I am being sympathetic and understanding that he may be tired and worn down…but it still bothers me that he can take advantage of his wellness and end up totally drained on important days. It’s called time management am I right? Depression for him looks like withdrawal, video games, fatigue and a few physical attributes like hair and teeth becoming weaker. I try to pay attention to those things for his sake but it’s hard I wish someone paid attention to my stability so I could feel more supported. It’s no ones job but my own though I suppose.

I’m sorry about your marriage also. That it ended when you were happy with it. Do you still have contact with your first wife? That must be very difficult. I can’t picture myself without my husband and I wonder sometimes what the future has in store.

1 Like

My husband and I are up and down. He expects way too much of me. I feel emotional pain most of the time :cold_sweat:

1 Like

I think my husband expects the same. I know a lot of wife/mothers or just people in general…and I accomplish as much as all of them, if not more than a lot of them.

It’s becaude he knows I’m a robot.

Sorry about your husband. We should have a venting topic. I think we could all use it.

Nah, it won’t change anything for me but make me sad😰

2 Likes

Maybe you and your husband should try couples therapy. It works for us with our illnesses I think it could work for your marriage. I think sometimes we don’t understand each other limitations. I wish you both the best.

1 Like

We’ve tried it…made things worse. He won’t let me see her anymore. She was referred by my psychiatrist

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.