Phase 2 trial of medication for cognitive impairments in schizophrenia

A Phase IIb, Multicenter, Randomized, Double-Blind, Parallel Group, Placebo Controlled Study to Evaluate the Efficacy, Safety and Tolerability of Basmisanil (RO5186582) as Adjunctive Treatment in Patients With Cognitive Impairment Associated With Schizophrenia Treated With Antipsychotics

3 Likes

Good news siz…thanks for sharing …!!!

3 Likes

nice find i havnt heard of this one

Pubmed only has 3 articles for Basmisanil . https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/?term=basmisanil

2 Likes

Yeah there is not much info. I would not get too excited just yet. It failed in its phase 2 for Downs syndrome, however I did read the company’s statement in which they said they had received many comments from families who really felt the drug improved their loved one’s cognition. But it didn’t show in the testing done in the trial. But, in any case it appears to be safe so that is good. And the trial in sz is still active and recruiting.

That’s awesome. I wish they’d accept schizoaffectives into the study, though.

1 Like

I think that studies should be made for people who are off antipsychotics as well.
Further, I think that treatment for schizophrenia should be personalized and depend on the brain condition,
genetic parameters and symptoms of each individual.

1 Like

Cure cure cure…!!!

1 Like

Haha Yes @far_cry0 Yes let’s see a cure

1 Like

Before 2o years …

@far_cry0 what we have in common is that we are both laser focused on a cure for schizophrenia…
A magical solution to our problems!
This is important not just for us but for tens of millions of people worldwide

1 Like

The only think is that we have is patience…auto correct my spelling …cure cure cure …

I have my fingers crossed for this for sure. However, we should bear in mind that it could fall at the last hurdle. Many do. Besides, managing the illness is a way of life for lots of people. All that would suddenly change.