Percentage of people with a college degree

I want to know how many people out of 100 are able to get a college degree?
Also please quote and mention the website you got your information from. Also its not only among schizophrenics but the general population.

Why does the remaining 63% not have a college degree?

I Cant find out how many schiz have a college degree
I dont expect anybody to find it. I dont think it’s high. If you attained a college degree before getting sick I would find this misleading. I would be more impressed if you could get a college degree after getting sick.

3 Likes

Yea especially if your on high doses of medications.

Here is the breakdown

Well degrees are very expensive so that’s a good reason. I know a lot of women who had children and just couldn’t finish their degree or didn’t go on to college because of that. My boyfriend dropped out of college and didn’t get his degree because his grandma died during and it badly affected him. There are many reasons. I’d say the biggest is probably cost in the US though.

1 Like

I went to university for 2 years and college 2 years. No degree.

I have a bachelor’s degree. Though it was very rough my last two years, since I was in prodormal phase.

Weird that they don’t include Associate’s Degree. I know it’s not a four year degree but it’s something. It’s the best I could do, mental problems led to me having to quit before finishing the fourth year.

College isnt as necessary for a good job as the 1990s would have you believe. Learning a trade is just as valuable as getting a college degree. The trades are crying for qualified people right now.

College is good if you want to go for something specific, such as a job in the medical field or to be a lawyer or engineering, but just having a degree doesn’t equate to much these days.

I’m going to college for nursing, but I’m taking a less traditional route. Im going to a trade school to get my practical nurse, then I’ll go on to get a degree in nursing.

2 Likes

I got a bachelor’s of science degree while I was sick with sza. My pdoc tells me that I achieved the impossible. And I was unmedicated.

3 Likes

I got a master’s degree when I was 21 in Economics before I got ill. Now I am doing a BSc at the Open Uni with sz. It is much harder this time around.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 95 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.