People irl don't like me

Probably because I talk too loud. I talk loud because I can’t hear my own voice because I’m very hard of hearing and I don’t like dealing with my hearing aids. So, I don’t wear them. Hence, the problem.

2 Likes

1 Like

I also talk really loud because I can’t hear well.

It was so bad when I was younger that my family would use code words to let me know my voice was too loud around company.

Now I intentionally speak a little softer,

But it’s difficult.

3 Likes

I either speak too loudly or too softly . Mine is an ASD thing.

3 Likes

I have the opposite problem. I feel like I have super hearing.

This reminded me of a good memory I have of my uncle and I tho, we were out shooting one day, and he amazingly heard me say, “Here I am trying to talk to a deaf motherfcker with ear plugs in his ears.”

4 Likes

People irl don’t like me either … they don’t understand me, trust me, etc. I can tell myself it’s stigma of sz(they all know I have it) but it’s hard because it’s the people who I’ve shared the memories with and who (knew) me the best.

3 Likes

People love to hate me. I’ve been hated by many my whole life.

5 Likes

People tell me I’m hard to follow in conversations. I also talk quiet so I have to repeat myself a lot, sometimes I don’t even remember what I said

3 Likes

You should hear my dad. He has only 30% hearing in one ear and less in the other. He was a truck driver for a construction company. I frequently have to talk loud to him in public when he’s doing his deals.

I have hearing loss too but from loud music.

2 Likes

That would surprise me.

Why do you think that is?

I get hated on cuz I’m such a large person with a very ‘eccentric’ way of communicating. I can’t help it that I’m big with MI.

I also don’t understand order. There are a LOT of people running around playing games with autos/homes/clothing thinking they are better than someone else because of wealth/social status. I don’t understand these things and people get pissed. Idc tho. Maybe that’s why they get pissed. I talk to everyone the same basically

3 Likes

Piano gal?? I have taken a slight break from the forum but like it again and am back so far for well … we’ll see how long… Lol.

I usually run out of things to critique about others lololol or that’s just a another way of saying I run out of stuff to contribute. : )

I’m glad though that I read your caption, @CoCo and I erm… I like you. : ).

1 Like

I’ve never understood it. In elementary school, older kids took turns beating me up. People are always very mean to me. I’m kind, but I’m not cool. I’ve been told I’m too nice but I don’t believe you can be too nice. Who knows why? I’ve dealt with this my whole life

4 Likes

Thanks anyway but I don’t need these. I already own top of the line hearing aids and I don’t wear them so I most likely wouldn’t wear these either.

2 Likes

No offense to either you or @SkinnyMe, but this tops the list of things I can’t be in a room with. We’ll have to have tea by Zoom.

:blush:

2 Likes

I’m so sorry @CoCo . I really like you. As a matter of fact you are one of my favorites on this forum because I know how much you suffer with your sz and yet you found a way to succeed with your exercise and weight loss goals in spite of your sz illness and sz meds.

3 Likes

Wow. Thanks @SkinnyMe . That means a lot to me. I care about others very genuinely but often it’s not even remotely returned. I don’t know why or what I do wrong. I’ve had many a conversation with various therapists about it and we’ve never figured out what I’m doing wrong. It makes me feel really low, unloved, and sad.

5 Likes

Haha.

My family, husband and friends all have a codeword for when I’m talking too loud.

It’s a pretty embarrassing problem to have,

But I do try to keep it under control.

4 Likes

Nobody likes me.

Hell, I don’t even like me.

Who would like an insanely depressed person ?

Just brushing off my thoughts.

:mosquito:

3 Likes

A lot of people talk loud. It’s just not you, which means that you’re an awesome person.

1 Like

You are very sweet and thoughtful @CoCo! You deserve love and friendship as we all do. I think that you are great!!

1 Like