People diagnosed board needs some loving!

Hey folks,

If your diagnosed with schizophrenia perhaps think about posting on the diagnosed board.

It helps people like me who are suspect about the politics of this place and it helps everyone out no end.

I personally think that certain diagnosis of people have different issues with those of us who have schizophrenia…it’s just the way it is…it’s not xenophobic…it’s just practical.

This is Schizophrenia dot com. It should be about empowering the schizophrenics and support for those punters. Yeah others may support this site financially…but seriously folks…Look out for your own.

A friend in the struggle,

rogueone.

3 Likes

@rogueone man, am I glad to see you !! you are like a hero to me that you are always trying to help the schizophrenic! keep up the good work man. I love you.

3 Likes

Whilst one can argue that the primary focus should be on schizophrenia/schizoaffective this forum is for anyone who has experienced psychosis and, such people are welcome here by those that run the site.
Those who have experienced psychosis but are not diagnosed with sz/sz-a do not imo detract from the support given to those with the dx.

According to the forum rules those with a past or present dx of sz/sz-a can post in the 'sz/sz-a forum. I fall into the former category. I was dxed with sz and then sz-a/ for 30 years. Indeed it was only by chance of a change of pdoc in 2005 that my dx was changed.
Without that change I might still be dxed schizoaffective.

I take an antipsychotic just like 90% +(?) of the posters here . Also like some posters here I go through spells questioning whether I need it. I stick with it, despite my doubts, because I accept others may see reasons why I need it that I can’t.

This place should be respected as a place for those are experiencing or have experienced psychosis and any attempt to create an us(sz/sz-a) vs them(others who have experienced psychosis) mentality can only be seen as disharmonious and disruptive.

7 Likes

@firemonkey, don’t fret, you’re one of us regardless of your current Dx and always welcome to be here, your an asset to this forum.
We need you and you need us too, so stop worrying, okay?

3 Likes

Sometimes the Doctors don’t get the diagnosis right. I agree with @firemonkey. All who have suffered psychosis should be welcomed with open arms into this forum.

Different afflictions care share a good number of similar traits. I’m schizophrenic with slight OCD. I wouldn’t turn anybody away who is simply looking for answers or just trying to make themselves feel better by joining our site.

1 Like

I think anyone who has had psychosis should be eligible. Sometimes I think also people with experience with any AP should as well.

2 Likes

@rogueone, if you want to talk with only those who have a past or present diagnosis of schizophrenia or schizoaffective disorder, the DX’d - Sz/SzA category is the one you want to post in. This one is not specifically for those with a past or present diagnosis of schizophrenia or schizoaffective disorder.

This is the description for this category:

3 Likes

A lot of people don’t post in the sz/a forum, because they want input from all members, not just the ones with a certain diagnosis. If you want to post in the sz forum, that’s fine, but you can’t expect everyone to feel the same way as you. I’m closing this before we have a repeat of last year. Any further attempts to divide the forum into sz vs general psychosis will be met with the same response.

5 Likes