People are loud

Everyone is really loud today. Even in the library I’m trying to write a paper but people talk and talk and a lot of times they laugh at me and I can’t get anything done. Oh well, I have a week to finish it

2 Likes

sometimes at the library, im so sensitive to sound, i hear a pencil moving, someone whispering, a chair moving, someone shuffling, papers turning etc… it sounds like i hear it all coming at me all at once.

We have 3 floors at my schools library. The first floor is loudest, second is a little less loud, and the third is silent. I always go to the second because the silent floor just amplifies whatever sound there is, like the things you mentioned @anon31257746. I’m sorry this happens for you, I think it’s my worst symptom because it causes everything to start. I can’t think or focus and start hallucinating when sound is overwhelming. And I can’t talk to anybody. I want to get noise canceling headphones, I think they may help

2 Likes

I have to steady my breathing when I’m in a quiet place. Otherwise people will glare at me

Libraries can be some awfully noisy places. When i was a kid the librarians kept things quiet. Now when i go there’s kids running around loose everywhere and people talking on cellphones. It’s not like it used to be.

1 Like

Why don’t you tell a librarian? You are suppose to be QUIET in the library. They can tell them to shut up.

You’re right @anon12381882, they should at least try to help. But I’ve come to realize that people are loud for whatever their reason, especially in public places and in big groups, I think some people like it that way. My uncle was telling me that restaurants try to make it very loud inside because it’s good for business, I guess it makes people think there’s a lot going on so the place must be good. For me, this seems backwards, but so do a lot of things I’ll never understand

2 Likes

Hope you get it done man

1 Like

I use noise cancelling headphones too. it does help quiet things down

1 Like

Every where I go any noise feels like it’s directed at me. Can’t stand it. Sometime I feel people make noise just to startle me.

@Wolfe some people do, they think it’s funny. If they notice somethings different about someone they try and get to the bottom of it, I don’t like these situations. Sometimes things can be just in your head though

@anon31257746 I haven’t gotten them yet but I want to. It’s good to hear they can help. Do you have to get expensive ones for them to work? And do they help enough to be worth the cost if you do?

I would say the noise cancelling is a decent amount quieter, but if you just get some good over ear headphones or ones that seal out the sound thats good enough. The noise cancelling can sometimes be annoying because it creates a bit of pressure on your ears.

Thank you, I hope so too. I know some people who have many papers and tests to do before the end of the semester but I only have this one and I am struggling, I think it’s a sign things are starting to get a little worse but I hope not. I just need to focus.

1 Like

It makes me really angry and I feel targeted and makes we want to blow up on them.

Ita probably really sifficult what youre going through man… I remember my first episode i used to spend all day writing essays… I just couldnt focus enough, i would write one line lose my place, again an again, get frustrated delete the whole thing etc etc hope youre getting the help you need. Hang in there!

Noisy neighbors get to me. I know my walls are thin but the rent is too nice for me to leave. Wouldn’t be any better anywhere else anyways with my budget.

At my library the librarian is a tough lady. She doesn’t stand for much ■■■■.

Walmart is unbearable during busy times. Actually I find it a form of torture to have to go there.

Foam earplugs work pretty well.

2 Likes

Yeah, we used foam ear plugs at the foundry, and they cut the noise down significantly.

1 Like

I dont have time for loud obnoxious people.

They waste my time

1 Like

I loved your music video, absolutely hilarious and entertaining! Ty for posting it @anon97118089!

1 Like