Overdrafted account every month

Can you manage your money? I read somewhere that schizophrenics make poor decisions with money. I know for a fact i have bad spending habits. I over draft my account every month. Im always buying stuff off amazon. I have 4000 dollars in credit debt. I dont know why i like to spend so much.

1 Like

stop it ! don’t do that…! when I was semi delusional on abilify my sz wife at the time and me had to have a bankruptcy for hundreds of thousands of dollars…her family blamed me and we got a divorce. long story…anyways…it might be a sign that you are unstable if you haven’t learned your lesson four thousand dollars later…don’t do it man.

1 Like

You have to be strict with yourself. Step 1 is get out of debt. It costs you to be overdrawn. Do it as quickly as possible. Try and cut back on things you don’t need.

When I have issues with money, I find it helpful to calculate my spending habits in a spreadsheet. I go through a few month of my bank statement and group together my spending habits for each month. So I have groups like: eating out, groceries, energy bills, subscriptions, alcohol, clothing, transport, entertainment, one off items (like musical instruments or stuff like that).
It makes it a lot easier to actually see where your money is going and where you can cut back.

Yes, we can manage our money. We have a spreadsheet with all of our expenses and what our income is, so we see what we have to spend. We stay within our budget.

When I was single and really tight on money, I kept my budget in my wallet, so I can look at it and to remind myself of my finances. I always stayed in my budget.

3 Likes

Are you sza or sz?

I had to declare bankruptcy when I was in my 20s cuz I used my credit cards to buy things that there was no way I could afford…it taught me a huge lesson. I’m in my 40s now and have an 821 credit score because I follow a strict budget and live within my means. I rarely allow my wants to dictate my spending, saving most of my budget for my needs. I do not have an extravagant life, it’s sometimes boring, but once in a while I’ll splurge on something like delivery pizza. It works for me.

3 Likes

I think sza. My counselor told me i was sza but thebdoctor in the hospital diagnosed me as sz

3 Likes

Well, the reason I ask is that spending problems are generally associated more with bipolar mania or hypo-mania

1 Like

For the most part I’m smart with my money. Never paid a bill late once. And haven’t overdrafted in years.

That said I have a ■■■■ ton of debt because of school tuition. By ■■■■ ton I mean $4k. I know that’s not much for tuition but it’s a lot for me on my limited income. And it’s for only 2 classes:( Having debt stresses me out bad.

1 Like

What are you studying?

2 Likes

Im usually good with money but i do spend recently i dipped into my savings 500 dollars dont know where it went but im making sure to be more careful from now on

2 Likes

What the hell are you buying? From what I know, Amazon mostly sells useless garbage.

I did buy a book and a Nintendo switch from Amazon but other things that I have ordered I had to send back because they were of poor quality.

What’s dangerous about buying things online is that it’s too easy to order stuff these days. You just make two clicks with your mouse and boom. You get the order! It’s addictive!!

I would have no money right now if a tree hadn’t been felled on my leg.

1 Like

Nah you just never learned how to manage your money.

People that have episodes of mania can be prone to spending sprees if they dont catch themselves though.

Next time you want to buy something off amazon or whatever, wait 3 weeks and then see if you still want it.

2 Likes

Im ruddy terrible with money. I have just settled my credit cards though - and will be closing the accounts.

I was fortunate i inherited a few quid - otherwise i would have been screwed for the next 3 years.

My biggest downfall is buying video games, at £50 a pop, i was going silly with it and laughably ive hardly touched most of them.

1 Like

I’m generally good with money but sometimes when I’m ‘confused’ I make mistakes.

Yesterday I requested a translation of my criminal record because I wanted to enroll in a school in Spain. Today I realize I’m stuck in Belgium because of disability money and cancelled the translation. They are charging me a 30€ administration fee so luckily there’s not too much damage.

2 Likes

I’ll have my Associates in Psychology this winter:)

1 Like

I just recently overdrafted by $12 for the first time in five years. I do okay though but could do even better.

@bittercat congrats :clap:

I no longer have overdraft or credit cards, did away with them many years ago. I would try and clear them then just have a basic current account for bills etc
I have a few catalogues but i pay them off straight away without paying any interest, hubby helps keep me on the straight and narrow

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.