Our new pet bird (pineapple Conure)

I am putting this in Recovery because I thought pets serve a therapeutic role, and lots of the other members here too embrace that. I also don’t know what other forum to put this in. Anyway, here’s a stock picture of a Pineapple Conure identical to the one we got. This is not my picture, but I did glean it from wikipedia.org Her name is Keiko (Kay-co - rhymes with cocoa).

5 Likes

I’m thinking of getting a bird myself not sure if you saw my post I think they’re amazing

1 Like

Hi @Daisy79, yes, I saw that you were thinking of getting a Budgie. We had two in Arizona. They both lived to be 5 years old. We got them together from a large pet supply company here in the US. They did remarkably well considering they came from a “big box” store. We got Keiko at a nice lady’s house here. We saw the ad for her on a bulletin board. Swung by and picked her up (she was reasonably priced), and she is home soaking it up. She’s 3 weeks old, and my wife went gaga for her. My wife had a rough week at work these past few days, so to hear her genuinely laugh and show outward affection, even if to an animal, makes me smile and feel all warm and fuzzy inside. Keiko is joining me next to my computer on my desk. I am now sharing my desk with the bird, yes. :smile:

2 Likes

one of my favorites is a golden bower bird…
they are so beautiful :blush: :bird:
take care :alien:

1 Like

Yes, those are quite attractive birds. I have never seen one, as they are located exclusively in Australia. My wife and I saw a red macaw at the lady’s house. She was very sweet (yes, the lady and the bird!).

1 Like
2 Likes

I’ve never met a peach faced lovebird but I want to. I saw some youtubes of them. My favorite is ‘nosy’.