Old TV Shows You Grew Up With

I had a thing for Kristy McNichol :heart_eyes:

7 Likes

3 Likes

1 Like

7 Likes

Gumby!! One of my faves growing up.

2 Likes

As it turns out, you both have a similar interest.

I remember her though, yeah, she was cute. I believe she suffered from bi-polar disease later in life.

1 Like

I Love Lucy
The Honeymooners
Twilight Zone
I Dream of Jeannie
Adams Family
The Monsters
Get Smart
Star Trek
Time Tunnel
Batman
Three Stooges
Popeye

3 Likes

I’m 50 soon to be 51. I live with dad who’se 77 and we have satellite tv. I’m still watching them on repeat although most have moved to the classics channel!

3 Likes

@rogueone

I’m 57.

That’s cool that you can watch those shows in Australia. The world is so small now, and that’s a good thing.

2 Likes

I think it’s more they are so old and thus cheap! hahaha. Still. My dad loves watching classics like what you’ve suggested and staples like MASH and later Frasier and all those American shows. Australia is an interesting market because we get English european and American shows…it’s a nice mix and there’s a lot of shows from England we watch too.

4 Likes

I grew up watching a lot of Nick at Nite, which used to run classic shows like I Love Lucy and the Dick Van ■■■■ Show. I wanted to be Mary Tyler Moore when I grew up.

4 Likes

I really liked Bonanza as a kid

2 Likes

I remember really weird eighties sitcoms like Alf. Yeah, a pet alien that eats cats, those screenwriters had to be dippin in the Scooby snacks lol!

I remember another weird 80s show that had Bruce Willis in it. It might have even been a movie, The Honey mooners or something like that.

Then there was The Facts of Life. Captain USA’s Weird and Wild Movies.

On the over the air local channels I used to watch Captain Kangaroo with my cousins.

On similar channels I loved watching Dark Shadows with my lovely Auntie. :slight_smile:

3 Likes
4 Likes

The Simpson’s 15151515

2 Likes

Salute your shorts, wild n crazy kids, what would you do…wonder years jk

2 Likes

Mr. Bean

4 Likes

My favorite show of all time was BEWITCHED. It had great personalities though every episode had the same plot. The show was a little before my time, I watched reruns. Shows were simpler then and the personalities were stronger, almost cartoonish.

1 Like

2 Likes

haha yea… mr bean was a good one for sure.

3 Likes