Old man...how much longer will I live?

I am now 57. that is hitting me a lot harder than I thought…13 years from 70. ■■■■. now what? I guess I will just try to get along and forget about it…I don’t feel 57. I feel 39. so I am just going to keep my doctor’s appointments and keep up on my body. I wish I would exercise more…goshdarnit.

7 Likes

Yeah mate. It’s hard but I’m soon to be 49 and probably the fittest I’ve been since I was in my late 20’s. I am definitively stronger and much better since I don’t smoke anymore. Wish I got into the fitness thing way earlier because my mental health is pretty good too.

Hang in there matey. You just do what you do…and keep that chin up!

4 Likes

You are never too old to set another goal or to dream a new dream.

3 Likes

I am 35. I don’t think about how much time I still have left. I do believe in afterlife though, and that diminishes my fear of death although it does not increase the courage for reckless actions. If that makes any sense.

1 Like

I’m also 35. I want to be 21 again! My back hurts and I’m forty pounds heavier than I used to be. I used to have ab muscles showing! Someone told me when I was in my twenties you don’t want to wake up one day at thirty and be like what happened, but that feels like what happened!

I totally lost 31-33 to psychosis and 34 to recovery. I just want to be high functioning by 40.

2 Likes

We can’t turn back time. Every age has its charm…
But losing weight sound like a good idea. Good luck!

1 Like

You have lots of possibilities yet Juke and 13 years till 70 is a long time to change things. Glad you are still in the fight.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.