Olazanpine

Anyone taking this medication too?
I am on 5mg currently and been taking for 4 months,two side effect affect me much like sleepiness and sexual side effect.My mood improve a little with meds and I sleep better also,what did improve when your put on this meds and how long have you been on it?

3 Likes

Been on zyprexa for years. I’m currently on 10mgs wafer. No sexual side effects. ( maybye see normal doctor?). Do sleep 8-10hours usually.
So 14 years at least…it’s been a great med for me!

2 Likes

Great to hear that friend.I am hoping my mood and motivation can still improve iregardless of meds

I’ve been on it for a couple years now, too. Im at 20mg and the only two side effects I’ve had are weight gain and sedation. No sexual side effects here either fortunately.

I’ve been losing weight since I added a bit of aripiprazole, and I think it’s made me a bit less tired during the day too.

1 Like

I hate olanz >:( but I hope it’s working well for you. Just didn’t work out for me

1 Like

I take 15mg olanzapine, started it in June, it works really well for my psychotic symptoms, I feel I am about 75% better on this drug. It does make me sleep though, normally I would sleep around 6 hours a night but on olanzapine I sleep for about 12 hours. It’s a minor inconvenience to put up with though. It makes me hungry too, so I have to be careful not to over eat. Again though I can put up with this for the benefits I get from it.

2 Likes

Isn’t 10mg the theraputic dose for Olanzapine? I’d ask your doctor why you’re not on a theraputic dose.

1 Like

I take 2,5mg olanzapine alongside amisulpride which is my main med. Olanzapine helps me with negative symptoms in low dose (2,5-5mg) but higher than that and it worsens them. My old pdoc put me on it to help with depression. Been on it since 2015 or so.

1 Like