Olanzapine dosage

I got a feeling I felt better after increasing the dose of Olanzapine to 10mg.Better mood,but sleeping more.What dosage are you guys on on Olanzapine?

1 Like

10mg. It’s the standard dose for sz.

3 Likes

I have been on 5mg Olanzapine for nearly 6 months. So far so good. I even lost weight from 58 kg to 56 kg.

2 Likes

I was on 10mg for like four months but had some akathisia. We went down to 7.5mg and the akathisia went away and I had a really good week, then all the sudden the mean voice came back and was brutal. We’ve upped it back to 10mg and the akathisia has come back, mean voice hasn’t gone away yet.

I guess it was a honeymoon period. It is a shame 7.5 isn’t enough because that’s as high as I can go without getting restless.

1 Like

10mgs. I went from sleeping 10 hours a night to 8 or less simply adding some decent exercise.

3 Likes

I was on 40mg for 8ish years, dropped it last March 2019 and been off APs since. It didn’t help anyway, they just ran out of options and stuck me with it.

2 Likes

I’m on 5mg olanzapine. I take it with amisulpride which is my main med. I tried olanzapine on its own at 10mg but it didn’t help much as it made me feel dead inside. So returned to amisulpride.

However taking amisulpride on its own didn’t help completely as the depression was still a problem. So my pdoc at the time put me on olanzapine for that and it helps when I take a low dose with amisulpride.

1 Like

If 10mg olanzapine doesn’t rid you of voices maybe it’s not the best med for you. Given all the side effects too… Just saying.

1 Like

the doc wanted to prescribe me this for instant relief from " mood symptoms " I didn’t take it because first time I found it too activating at 5mg but everyone is different

1 Like

Your not on any psych meds now?

I took 20mg, it was good. Now i dont take it because of one side effect. But it was working for me

1 Like

Can you share how’s it help?

What symptom did you suffer and how it’s helped when your on 20mg?

1 Like

My mood was great, i was sleeping very well, my cognitive function was very good. But my period stopped, as a women i can’t tolerate that side effect because it’s bad for my health in general and bones…

1 Like

i am on 20mg…

1 Like

No none. Just take 4mg xanax a day and just kinda suffer. That’s life.

I’m on 10mg of olanzapine. I’m wondering if I should go higher as I still hear voices.

Bring it up with your doctor. It can be worthwhile adjusting dosages and sometimes you just have to give it a go.

1 Like

10mg was the minimum dosage that worked for me. I started on 20mg for a month, went down to 15mg for a year then on to 10mg for another four years. I tried tapering down 7.5mg, 5mg then 2.5mg, but that didn’t work well for my symptoms (although I did lose a 20kg). The tapering down process was brutal on me, I’ll never forget that.

1 Like

Are you back on 10mg now or did you switch medications?

1 Like

I ended up switching three times and settled on Rexulti. Olanzapine at 10mg is the second best I’ve had though.

2 Likes