Officially off my meds

Well, I just took my last Abilify yesterday, and my pdoc gave me the okay to discontinue APs. So now I’ll just be on Sertraline. We’ll see how it goes, if things start to get too rough, I’m to call my pdoc immediately, but otherwise I guess I just try to make do. Wish me luck!

2 Likes

Good luck! Hope it goes well for you

I can’t believe they’d do that to you.

You know what id like to do to this place because of things like this?

This isn’t okay in the least.

good luck,

hope its ok

Well good luck to you - with this @RowanAmethyst - Yes I would call your pdoc at the first signs of serious symptoms.
Believe me, I would love to be off of an antipsychotic - but at lower doses of Risperdal I started to have mixed mood episodes and was heading towards disaster - so I raised my dose back to 2 mg until I see my pdoc in a week or so.

wow…and your pdoc said it was ok…im amazed… I wish my pdoc would say the same thing

This is out of necessity. I lost my insurance, so until I can find an alternate means, I can’t afford an AP. It’s far from ideal, but it’s how things have to go.

Good luck. I hope things work out for you. I would be too scared to go off AP’s. I’d rather try some cheaper ap’s if I can’t afford Abilify anymore…but that is just me

Every time I went off meds or swapped meds I became very ill and in hospital

It’s risky, but good luck!!!

Hope everything goes well for you! I’m off meds as well for a few months now, and am doing very well, for the most part. Stay strong! Take care!

In my county there are programs for those who can’t afford meds. You should check around, a local clinic should have more information. Many drug manufacturers have programs as well.

This might help https://www.abilifyassistprogram.com/ .

4 Likes

I am so sorry this happened to you. I do hope things get fixed soon.

Good luck and I wish the best for you.

Whats with all the comments? If a person can stay healthy off meds then its worth a shot of course. To you the author , you can always go back on meds if it doesnt work out. Good luck

Good luck. Stick with the Zoloft, that stuff is great and cheap too.

@RowanAmethyst - Maybe there is a part of you that wants to see if you could go medication free?
Because there are assistance programs - and some of the typicals like Haldol (in low doses) that are dirt cheap - it is as low as 4 bucks for Haldol.
So I mean you do have a choice here, and you do have options - but good luck to you on whatever you decide